Forge home page search box added

odingalt

Staff member
1.) Ok added this to the to-do list!

2.) Your screenshot shows that your controller is HW:1, not HW:2? As I said we sent out a product recall on this. Some Berserkers with paddle switches were incorrectly factory programmed as HW:1. They need to be tagged with HW:2 or else you will have problems with the blades when you take firmware updates.

3.) Ok this is on Windows 10. Will have to research the internet on this one. Are you sure you didn't accidentally pin the shortcut instead of the actual .EXE program itself? If you pin the shortcut to the task bar, it will cause the double icon (even on Windows 7 and 8 this will happen)

bonefisher

On the firmware update that I downloaded to controller was a HW:2 but says on this app that it is a HW:1.fw5

Attachments

• Berserker-HW2-Beta-7-25-2015-001-Encrypted.zip
    81.3 KB · Views: 0

odingalt

Staff member
Ok I see now. The "HW2" in that file name is just a label, just means that the particular firmware file was inteded to be loaded on hardware that is HW:2. You can't change the type of hardware by loading different firmware.

HW - Hardware ID - set at the factory
FW - Firmware version - changes when you load a different firmware file on there

We sent out a factory recall, you will need to get your Berserker reprogrammed to HW:2 at the shop some time (or just be doomed to forever need to manually load firmware updates separately and ignore any on-line requests to update your firmware), then it will take the correct automatic firmware updates over the internet. As I said, some Berserkers (about a dozen) were incorrectly told to be HW:1's before being shipped out. So they will incorrectly accept the wrong firmware update over the internet.