Future Xbox console

theblur1

you cant really answer that question because we 1. dont know what controllers will be used and 2. dont know what the soft/hardware of the console/controller will be like.

IrishStyle

Thought the rumored new console used Natal Controls....To the best of my knowledge with Natal you are the controller, or you use a motion activated controller.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I sure hope that this natal doesn't become the standard... I like my controllers thank you. The wii's popularity is really scaring me that the next gen will have all motion control stuff.

theblur1

from what i believe project natal is just an addition to the original 360. its almost like a seperate system though. im pretty sure it wont effect the 360 console's online/games?

PS3andCOD

Contributor
The Natal they are just bringing out won't, nor will Sony's camera/wand natal like thing, but what if the next X-box, or the next Playstation is only controlled by natal, or something simular? It will be the end of videogames as we know it. How are you supossed to play Call of Duty or other fps games on something like that?

theblur1

Thats a good point PS3.
But if you think about it so much money comes from FPS games (halo, cod) so im sure microsoft/xbox or playstation wouldnt make a system that didnt allow or made it difficult for PS3. You never know they could go both ways; a system that uses a controller and a different system that is like natal. or there could be add-ons.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I sure hope so. I don't want to see an end to the traditional controller until there is perfected virtual reality.

Xx Binno xX

IrishStyle said:
Thought the rumored new console used Natal Controls....To the best of my knowledge with Natal you are the controller, or you use a motion activated controller.

Natal is going to be the if you want to say "new xbox" it will cost $100 of what I hurd and it all motion controlled but will only work with some games I think. Its been around 6-7 years sence microsoft put out a new console. I got my xbox 360 the year it came out I believe it was 2003 dont quote me on that. So I dont think there will even be a controller. If you want you can mod your hand :p. Here a link about Project Natal, I didnt read it all.

http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=234901

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I've heard it's going to have it's own processor, because the X-box can't handle all the processing by it's self. That could drive up the price.

Xx Binno xX

PS3andCOD said:
I've heard it's going to have it's own processor, because the X-box can't handle all the processing by it's self. That could drive up the price.
Maybe not sure but they could put out a newer xbox that can handle the both processing power. That is just a thought. ;)

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I don't know, but the video's of it look like its way to big to be just a camera. There are webcams 1/4 of it's size, and the PSEye is about half the size.

Xx Binno xX

its has motion sencer, camera, and a scanner of what I've seen it looks to be awsome and i guess the next 5 years game will be for the project natal so maybe modded conrollers wont be need but im sure someone will find a way to mod there "project natal"though( I don't no if there is a name for it yet).

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Just to point it out, the camera scans and does the motion sensing through software. It doesn't have a motion sensor built in. I don't think that motion sensors that are looking out for motion can replicate it, only detect it. When I say looking for motion, I mean one that you don't actually move, like one that turns on security lights, not like a wii remote.