General Question before I buy Tyr's hand

Rich08809

I have been shopping for a controller for the last week or so. Just wanted to confirm your rapid fire (non macro) controller can be used without cable and software if needed? I do like the software option but just want to make sure you can make adjustments without it when needed. Also...
1. Does the controller work with Battlefield 3?
2. When new games come out do they generally work with immediately or do you need to download software updates first?
3. Do the controllers have on/off buttons or tac buttons on the back?
4. Any other factors I should know when making the decision?

Rich

NYjetsNY1

I have been shopping for a controller for the last week or so. Just wanted to confirm your rapid fire (non macro) controller can be used without cable and software if needed? I do like the software option but just want to make sure you can make adjustments without it when needed. Also...
1. Does the controller work with Battlefield 3?
2. When new games come out do they generally work with immediately or do you need to download software updates first?
3. Do the controllers have on/off buttons or tac buttons on the back?
4. Any other factors I should know when making the decision?

Rich

Been a long time since I've used a Tyr's Hand! From what I know,

1. Yes. You can adjust the rapid-fire speed so that it rapid-fires on BF3.
2. You can find your own rapid-fire speeds that day, and when a huge new game comes out (Cod) there usually will be a software update for the rapid-fire speed.
Most people will post on the forums "Legacy users, try xx.xx speed on the software editor for MW3"
3. The Tyr's hand uses the sync button, along with others. If you want tacs - get the macro controller. You then have 6!!
4. Personally, if you JUST want rapid-fire, get the Tyr's hand. It's the best rapid-fire controller out there because of it's ability to change rapid-fire speeds on the fly, on the computer, etc. If you want everything, get a macro controller.

If you want to change rapid-fire speeds from the speeds that the controller comes with, you will need a computer at first. Once you put some speeds on it, you won't need a computer anymore until a new game comes out. You'll need a play and charge cable.

Odingalt, please correct me if I am incorrect on anything.

odingalt

Staff member
No that all sounds correct, if your order your XBOX360 rapid fire controller today by midnight, use the coupon code THANKSGIVING on the VikingDigital.com site for 10% off.

Rich08809

First... go JETS!
Thanks guys. Do these controllers also offer the other popular mods like drop shot, etc? I thought I had seen that on the software video but didn't see it mentioned on the website?

NYjetsNY1

First... go JETS!
Thanks guys. Do these controllers also offer the other popular mods like drop shot, etc? I thought I had seen that on the software video but didn't see it mentioned on the website?

The macro supports all of that and more. Not the Tyr's Hand.

odingalt

Staff member
Tyr's hand is just rapidfire and akimbo firing. :-( In about a week and a half I expect to half the XBOX360 version of the Ragnarok ready for XBOX360. Cheaper than Macro by far, a little more expensive than Tyr's Hand, but chock full of mods.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Tyr's hand is just rapidfire and akimbo firing. In about a week and a half I expect to half the XBOX360 version of the Ragnarok ready for XBOX360. Cheaper than Macro by far, a little more expensive than Tyr's Hand, but chock full of mods.
A 360 version of the Ragnarok...definitely liking the sound of that, can't wait :) Rich i suggest waiting until the new mod is out. It won't be too much more expensive than the Tyr's Hand and will have wayyyyy more features than it.

Last edited: