Got my ragnarok installed!

masonjo

bought the DIY kit...Love it so far it is awesome! the only problem I got is when I try to activate quickscope or turbo melee it doesn't work my right stick is not working with the mod switch any suggestions? Thanks!

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
I think your RS connection is in the wrong place. Double check your conection to the RS and make sure the ps3 board version your modding is the samesame as on the build plans.

Last edited:

masonjo

I feel stupid but it was the rs wire. I completely missed the RS white wire all together it blended in with the battery spacer lol. Thanks for the quick reply. now everything is working great just need to adjust some speeds. I do have to say the part that gave me the most trouble was the leds and I was alittle lost on the usb jack installation but I looked at some of your youtube vids and found out where you put yours and did the same. thanks again.

masonjo

I got another question for those who have the ragnarok and have did the ps button led mod what contacts do i solder the led to on the controller board?

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

Ive never done that mod but im sure u would use the same contacts as your Volt/Ground contacts u ran to your chip. U see those 4 contact points in a row that u used 2 of the 4 to run power and ground to your chip, well there is another row of 4 contact points next to the one u used for your chip, "may be vertical or horizontal depending on what row u wired to the chip". What u should do is get a voltage reader and set the ground on the volt reader to the known ground "that being the ground wire u ran to the chip". Next use the postive on the voltage reader and tap it on all 4 contact points of the other set row of contacts. If the voltage reader reads 0.0 then u found a ground to run to the ground wire to the led your installing. When u hit another contact point that reads 5.0 or 4.7 (voltage may vary) then thats the contact point u will want to run your wire to power the led. Its hard to explain this in words without a visual ex. but i think u will know what contact points im talking about if you had the controller open and were looking at it. (Remeber if u use a voltage reader the controller must be powerd on to find the 5v power and the ground). Only 2 out of the 4 contact points will be a ground and a 5v power contact point. The other 2 contact points might be a low level voltage like 2.7v or 3.7v somthing in that nature but im sure the led you will be using will want to be powerd with at least 4.7v/5v contactact point. (voltage varies) I hope this information makes some sense to you or somewhat aids u in the right direction in what your trying to achomplish. Im mentioning these other alternative ground and power points to find because i dont think it would be a good idea to draw that kind of power out of the same connection thats hooked up to your chip. Hints dont run your led mod on the same V and G connections your chip is opperating off of. U can get a simple voltage reader at any hardware store for like 5 dollers. There not that big about pocket size and have two metal prongs usually one coated in black for ground and the other coated red for power.

Last edited:

masonjo

cool thanks for the help I got a volt meter but im just not 100% sure I want to go in that deep for the ps button led with all those 30 awg wire running around. think I mite get the green player status lights and leave it at that. thanks again for your guys help. Im loving this controller.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

Very smart. I wanted to suggest to just leave it as is but sometimes people get there mind set in one direction. Cosmetics isn't a big deal to me even though ive done many many installs and many led modifications. My motto is if it isn't broke dont fix it. Know exactily what u want to build when u build it. Adding to builds later can get u in trouble!