Got my usb controller today!!

battlelog

Well I got my controller today and I am trying out diffrent settings for the rapid fire on bf3?? What I have noticed is that, say on a sniper rifle if you set your numbers to high forget about it, you have better luck thowing your gun at him and hitting him. I hav tried the the auto guns and put them on single shot and it kind of works but still trying to figure it out, on the pistols it works fine no issues there. My question is if you have a gun say the Famas it has single, burst, and fully auto, now if I just use the single shot and activate the rapid fire it should work? I have used other guns on single shot and have noticed that they shoot very slow even if i have the mod set at 7.2 the default one. Other then that the only thing that works is the rapid fire mod on this game with your controller.

I have MW3 and also tried it out on that it works fine, but to be honest I dont like that game, feels like im playing in a cartoon, BF3 is alot more reallistic to me, even with all its issues. I know that evil controllers has some mods for BF3, but I went with you guys since my friends told me that you guys make the best mod controllers.

So if any one on here can give me some advice on this controller for bf3, cause I know a few peeps on here are asking also about this, drop me a PM and maybe we can help each other out.

Thanks everyone, by the way the controller is very nice, good workmanship!!!

odingalt

Staff member
Well I got my controller today and I am trying out diffrent settings for the rapid fire on bf3?? What I have noticed is that, say on a sniper rifle if you set your numbers to high forget about it, you have better luck thowing your gun at him and hitting him. I hav tried the the auto guns and put them on single shot and it kind of works but still trying to figure it out, on the pistols it works fine no issues there. My question is if you have a gun say the Famas it has single, burst, and fully auto, now if I just use the single shot and activate the rapid fire it should work? I have used other guns on single shot and have noticed that they shoot very slow even if i have the mod set at 7.2 the default one. Other then that the only thing that works is the rapid fire mod on this game with your controller.

I haven't tried rapidfire on BF3. My honest answer in all my VikingDigital help desk tickets to far has been to tell customers that I just don't think rapidfire performs very well in BF3. For the exact reason you're describing - it's more realistic. COD games are more arcade and therefore the software developers are letting us get away with fast rapidfire speeds. BF3 is more realistic, less arcade, so rapidfire doesn't work as well (I'm not talking about Viking rapidfire, I'm talking about anyone's rapidfire) because the game developers are going for realism. In any case, yeah you should put any rifles that you are trying to use rapidfire on, to single-shot.

I have MW3 and also tried it out on that it works fine, but to be honest I dont like that game, feels like im playing in a cartoon, BF3 is alot more reallistic to me, even with all its issues. I know that evil controllers has some mods for BF3, but I went with you guys since my friends told me that you guys make the best mod controllers.

I'm going to tell you a little secret. All programmable/adjustable rapidfire is the same. What Evil can do with rapidfire, we can do with rapidfire. And what we can do with rapidfire, evil can do with rapidfire. Same goes for gamingmodz and most of the popular mod shops. There are a few special rapidfire schemes - one is for World at War, the other is "feather fingers", the other is "pulse firing". All the mod shops will try to make it sound like their rapidfire is superior (Well, ours actually is, because we use a digital-to-analog converter, but that's another story). The point is, it's all about dialing in the right number. Usually people dial in numbers that are way, way, way too high. Unfortunately a good speed in most games is anywhere from 5 sps to 10 sps. If you dial it in too high, your gun will actually stutter or shoot slower. And of course in most cases, rapidfire doesn't do anything for guns that are already full-auto.

So if any one on here can give me some advice on this controller for bf3, cause I know a few peeps on here are asking also about this, drop me a PM and maybe we can help each other out.

Thanks everyone, by the way the controller is very nice, good workmanship!!!

I have to make some demo videos for Ragnarok. I've had so many mention the Evil controllers and BF3 that I will have to make a video showing our controller playing on BF3. I was trying to avoid this because again, the honest answer is that RF just doesn't work very well on BF3. But that doesn't stop our devious competition from misleading you into believing that rapidfire actually helps your game in BF3. In order to prevent losing sales, I am now forced to push out advertising videos that show my mod working in BF3 to try to get people to buy, otherwise they won't buy Viking for the simple reason that we don't have a video up showing Viking+BF3 together. :-(

When I've had a chance to put the video together I'll post a link to it here as well as the speeds I came up with.

battlelog

Hey no worries, I am having a good time with the controller trying to figure what speeds work best, I have figured out the speed for the famas and man I drop people real quick with that!! Now on the snpier rifle I also think I have been able to figure it out with the double tab that Evil has, its just the burst fire mode or you can program the seed on the second rapid fire mode like I did, thats why I asked you if I had to go though all the cycles to get back to rapid fire mode 1. I am very happy with my purchase and I am telling a few of my friends to get your controllers they rock!!!

battlelog

On the sales thing if you need me to write a testomonial or some thing I will, or make a video let me know I have been up all night figuring this out, and I will!

odingalt

Staff member
That's a good way to get around it, use burst mode for the sniper and regular rapidfire for the famas. This way you can switch between the two very quickly.

Just tell your friends!!! :) That's all the advertising we need. Word of mouth is king.