GUIDE TO MACRO MAKING [WITH PICTURES AND VIDEOS]

NYjetsNY1

Alright this guide is going to take a long time to write. Just bear with me, I will update it as often as I can.

I'll make a video guide + text guide with pictures. I'll start with the text guide, then do the video after, then add pics to the text guide to make it easier.

ESTIMATED FINISH DATE OF GUIDE: END OF JUNE.

Hopefully this will explain a lot of unanswered questions + help the common person make and understand macros and such. I'm surprised no one has done anything like this, maybe no one has had the time or energy, but I will try to help out everyone.

Questions, Comments, or Concerns, don't be hesitant to post. I will answer every question with intelligence and thought.

If you know all of the basics, skip to step 5. If you want to learn how to use the software and the functions, start at step 1.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
START

SECTION 1: MAKING A MACRO JUST FROM THE SOFTWARE

1. You bought a macro controller. You search the macro library. You can't find what you are looking for. You ask around but no one has this game. What are you to do? Try making your own macro!

2. Open up the viking software. This is as easy as downloading it from the CD or from http://viking360.com/download-software- ... back-moves

3. Make sure the firmware updater isn't open. If you have not updated your firmware, the files can also be found at this link: http://viking360.com/download-software- ... back-moves and you can find helpful videos at this link to update it: http://viking360.com/support/video-tutorials
IF YOU ARE GOING TO UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE, CLOSE THE VIKING SOFTWARE. IF YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE A MACRO, CLOSE THE FIRMWARE UPDATER.

4. OK we can start now. I'll start by going over some of the basics.
Open up the software.
Notice everything. Every button has the ability to contain a macro on it.
The Viking software begins on the Macro Set Home Page. Before you begin, familiarize yourself with some of the icons, buttons and terminology on the home page.
All of the icons across the top of the page provide different functions:
• Small Black Gamepad – Go to Macro Set Home Page
• Filmstrip – Go to Individual Macro Timeline Editor
• Left Gear – Updater
• Right Gear - Edit the macro's name, description, etc.
• Question Mark on Notepad – Visit this Help Page
• White Paper Sheet and Pen – Start over with a clean page (cannot be undone!)
• File Folder – Load a Viking Macro Set (.VKS) File
• Floppy Disk – Save a Viking Macro Set (.VKS) File
• Gamepad with arrows pointing out – Retrieve the current Macro Set from your controller
• Gamepad with arrows pointing in – Send this Macro Set into your controller

Once you know what these buttons mean, you can move on.

Hover your mouse over any Button Label. The Selection Wheel will appear.
Some features are only available for the six tactile switches. Other features are available for all of the buttons on the Xbox 360 controller. The available functions on the Selection Wheel are:
• File Folder – Assign an individual Viking Macro (.VKM) to this button.
• Filmstrip – Edit the individual macro currently assigned to this button.
• X – Clear any and all assigned macros from this button.
• Floppy Disk – Save the macro that’s currently assigned to this button, or save a macro that you just recorded, to your hard drive.
Please note the best way to save a macro is by editing it, then looking to the top right. Find the Floppy Disk icon here and save the macro there. If you have not named it or given it a description, do that on the Gear on the right side of the software, not the left gear.
When you are done saving and editing, press the green check mark. Just a tip.

TAC SWITCH ONLY:
• Bullseye/Target – Use this button to toggle another button’s assigned macro on or off. For example, this may be used to enable/disable rapidfire. Select which LED will indicate the enabled/disable status.
• Two Arrows – Re-assign a stock button to a tactile switch instead.
• Record and Stop – Choose which button to press to start the macro recording feature. You must also choose which button will be used to start playback of the macro, once you’ve recorded it.
• Left Arrow – Page Left – used to switch to the previous page in your macro set.
• Right Arrow – Page Right used to switch to the next page in your macro set.

Above the LB and RB buttons is a small selection of sixteen dots. Each dot represents a different page in your macro set. The pages are useful for storing macros for different games, different game equipment sets, or just for faster access from one macro page to another.
Each page is indicated by a different color that is displayed on your gamepad’s LED’s. Right-click on any page dot to bring up the color picker. Left click on the color you’d like to be displayed on the gamepad’s LED’s when that page is being used.
When using pages, don’t forget to assign Page Left or Page Right buttons. This will allow you to change from one page to the next.

Assign a macro to a button. Then edit it by scrolling over that button, and looking for edit macro on the selection wheel.
In the timeline editor,
• Create New Dot - Add a new dot to the timeline by clicking once near one of the vertical hashmarks on any of the timeline tracks for any button. A dot by itself does not ‘do’ anything. Two dots are needed to make an action.
• Create an Action – Once you have created a single dot, you may extend the dot into an action by right-clicking on the dot, holding, and dragging to the right.
• Move Action or Dot – Left click, hold, and drag any dot or action to move the dot or entire action along the timeline. You may move any individual dot in the action (except the first dot) by: right-click, hold, and drag.
• Dot Property Box – to see the dot’s property box, click the dot. Select the property you wish, such as a direction on the joystick, the distance you want to pull the trigger, or the color you wish to be played on the LEDs. To close the dot’s property box, click again on the dot.
• Add Intermediate Dot to Action – You may insert a new dot into an existing action on the joystick, d-pad, and trigger timelines. Left-click anywhere on the action line to insert a new dot.
• Increase total length of macro – by default the timeline editor will allow for a 2 second macro. To increase the length of the macro beyond 2 seconds, start a new dot. Then right click on that dot, and drag to the right of your screen beyond the 2.0 second limit. The timeline will increase beyond 2 seconds. This may be repeated as many times as necessary to achieve the desired macro length.
• Speed Multiplier – Click on the grey gear icon to open the macro properties. A macro may be played back faster or slower simply by changing the number in the speed multiplier box. 1.0 is the default speed. Speed multiplier is a quick way to change the speed or timing of your macro, without having to re-draw the entire macro from scratch. For example, if you have created a “rapidfire” on your right trigger at 10 shots-per-second, you can easily increase or decrease the speed above or below 10 shots-per-second by adjusting the “Speed Multiplier”.
• Loop Settings – The Loop Setting drop-down is found within the individual macro properties box, by clicking on the grey gear from inside the timeline editor. Loop Setting will change how your macro behaves, depending on how you tap, press, hold and release the assigned button. Loop Setting is a very powerful, but complex feature. Please stop by the Viking Forums for more discussions on getting the most out of your macros by using the Loop Settings.
PLEASE NOTE THE LOOP SETTINGS WILL NOT WORK UNTIL THE FIRMWARE IS UPDATED. TO LOOP A MACRO, MAKE SURE IT STARTS AT OR AFTER 0.01 NOT 0.0.

5. Basics are over. You are now ready to begin to create a macro.
Start by clicking on a tac switch and pressing EDIT MACRO.

You want to make a simple macro. Something that will move forward, then turn left, then shoot, then press x to reload.

Sounds good to me!

First look to the top, the LS. If you want to be able to hold the tac switch to loop the macro, start by having an LS string on 0.01.
Press the LS button at 0.01. You should have a dot with a white ball in the middle.
[attachment=7:eek:srjycox]white ball dot.tiff[/attachment:eek:srjycox]
This is the top-most line of the macro editor. Not the second LS line. That is for clicking down LS. The top is for direction. Now, press the dot with the ball in it. Take the ball and push up.
If done correctly it should look like that.
[attachment=6:eek:srjycox]ballup.tiff[/attachment:eek:srjycox]
Now drag this dot by right clicking. Take it to say the 0.4 second mark. Repeat this with the second dot so it points upward.
It should look like this.
[attachment=5:eek:srjycox]ballup2.tiff[/attachment:eek:srjycox]

Try this with the RS.
Make the RS look to the left or right and depending on your sensitivity in-game, you'll have to make it work correctly. Here is an example:
[attachment=4:eek:srjycox]RSdots.tiff[/attachment:eek:srjycox]

NOTE: THIS TYPE OF MACRO IS EASIER TO CREATE BY RECORDING YOURSELF DO THIS IN-GAME. I WILL INCLUDE THIS IN THE GUIDE.
"HOW TO MAKE A MACRO BY RECORDING"

Now we need the shooting. Let's think logical, shall we? Press a dot on the RT. Put it at .4 seconds. Press it again and a little sub-menu will come up allowing you to edit how much press the RT really has. Drag the slider to the left all the way.
[attachment=3:eek:srjycox]rt press.tiff[/attachment:eek:srjycox]
Right click the RT dot now and hold. Drag it to the right about 0.05 seconds long. Click the second dot and edit it so it looks like what you did before, like this:
[attachment=2:eek:srjycox]rt press string.tiff[/attachment:eek:srjycox]

X press time! After the RT is done, make an X press. Put it at say 0.5.
Drag it by right clicking and holding to the right. Make it about 0.05 seconds longish. Check the picture below for assistance.
[attachment=1:eek:srjycox]x-press.tiff[/attachment:eek:srjycox]

If done correctly, your macro is ready to put on your controller! But wait, you forgot to descriptionize it, add your name, and name the macro!

6. Press the top-right gear. Open the gear settings. Note the speed multiplier. This is to speed or slow down the macro. Put your name as the author, add a file name, add a description. Ignore the loop settings, these are not working as of now. For now, the macro will play back if you press it and if you hold the tac, it'll loop until you let go.

grearsettings.png

Look at what I did. Do that. Click OK then save the macro with the right button on top near the gear that looks like a floppy disk. Save the macro, and then press the green check mark.

You made a macro! Congrats! Test it out.
MAKE SURE THE FIRMWARE UPDATER IS CLOSED. JUST THAT VIKINGSOFTWARE SHOULD BE OPEN.

When you are ready to connect your macro controller to your computer, you will need your controller, a battery pack, and the play-and-charge to USB cable.
• Insert the batteries into the controller.
• Power up the controller by pressing the START button (not the GUIDE button).
• Two pink-white LED’s will illuminate on the controller indicating is it ready to be programmed.
• Connect the controller to your PC using the play-and-charge cable.

Look at my picture. [attachment=0:eek:srjycox]macro and dl.tiff[/attachment:eek:srjycox]
Notice that one of that tac switches contains the macro. That is good.

Press the bottom right button with your controller connected. This will have the macro set sent to your controller.

CONGRATS: YOU HAVE COMPLETED MAKING A MACRO. TEST IT AND EDIT IT, YOU ARE GOOD TO GO.

SECTION 2: MAKING A MACRO BY RECORDING AND EDITING.

SECTION 3 INFO
An entire collection of macros organized into multiple ‘pages’ is called a Viking Macro Set. A Viking Macro Set will have the windows file extension .VKS. Viking Macro Sets are loaded and saved from the Macro Set Home Page by clicking on the brown file folder icon.
Individual Viking Macros have the windows file extension .VKM. Macros can be assigned to different buttons by clicking on the tiny grey file folder icon on the Selection Wheel. Macros can be loaded, saved or edited in the Timeline Editor. The Timeline Editor is accessed by clicking on the Filmstrip icon.

Different macros or functions may be assigned to the different buttons. It is useful to understand the short-hand labels on each button. Each short-hand label and its meaning is shown below:
• LT – Left Trigger
• LB – Left Bumper
• LS – Left Thumbstick Center
• LT1 – Left Tactile Switch 1
• LT2 – Left Tactile Switch 2
• LT3 – Left Tactile Switch 3
• RT – Right Trigger
• RB – Right Bumper
• RS – Right Thumbstick Center
• RT1 – Right Tactile Switch 1
• RT2 – Right Tactile Switch 2
• RT3 – Right Tactile Switch 3
• (Arrow up) – D-PAD Up
• (Arrow left) – D-PAD Left
• (Arrow right) – D-PAD Right
• (Arrow down) – D-PAD Down
• X – Button X
• Y – Button Y
• B – Button B
• A – Button A

It may be easier to learn by downloading and playing with macro sets from Viking staff or other customers. Visit our on-line macro library on the http://www.Viking360.com website. Search and download one of the macros created by our in-house staff. Play with the macro on your favorite game and become familiar with how it works. Or, stop in to talk with staff, moderators and other customers at the Viking Forums at http://www.VikingForums.com.
Once you’ve mastered our pre-made macro sets, move on to customizing your own macro set. Each game is a little different, and you may need to use trial-and-error to get the best results for your favorite game. Be sure to get familiar with the macro set home page, macro sets, and the selection wheel before moving onto the more advanced Timeline Editor.

TB21

Wow, this is great. Had some fun playing with it trying to make the rapid fire on the M16 and M14 a little faster by increasing the factor. Right now, i can pull the trigger almost as fast, if not faster on both guns but the recoil on the M14, even using Grip is high (I know you are working on the anti-recoil for that gun). Jitter Mod is crazy fast so I was able to slow it down a little using your tutorial. Having alot of fun with all of it and I am an average player so none of this really makes me so much better than everyone else but does make me enjoy the game more. BTW, rapid fire on the G11 is almost unfair; I don't want to prestige because I'm going to lose the gun for 40-something levels. Thanks alot for taking the time to prepare this guide and as Chris Smoove would say..."you are a Boss".

NYjetsNY1

TB21 said:
Wow, this is great. Had some fun playing with it trying to make the rapid fire on the M16 and M14 a little faster by increasing the factor. Right now, i can pull the trigger almost as fast, if not faster on both guns but the recoil on the M14, even using Grip is high (I know you are working on the anti-recoil for that gun). Jitter Mod is crazy fast so I was able to slow it down a little using your tutorial. Having alot of fun with all of it and I am an average player so none of this really makes me so much better than everyone else but does make me enjoy the game more. BTW, rapid fire on the G11 is almost unfair; I don't want to prestige because I'm going to lose the gun for 40-something levels. Thanks alot for taking the time to prepare this guide and as Chris Smoove would say..."you are a Boss".

Thank you! Make sure to try my anti-recoils. viewtopic.php?f=45&t=3041

No grip on those ^.

YourFutureHero

Pictures are just showing up as a white box with a red x for me. Not sure if anyone else is having this problem or how to fix it. I just started playing with some macros I downloaded. The software is easy to use thanks to your tutorial. There was a lot that would have taken me some time to figure out. Look forward to videos. Maybe a tips a tricks section?
Thanks.

NYjetsNY1

YourFutureHero said:
Pictures are just showing up as a white box with a red x for me. Not sure if anyone else is having this problem or how to fix it. I just started playing with some macros I downloaded. The software is easy to use thanks to your tutorial. There was a lot that would have taken me some time to figure out. Look forward to videos. Maybe a tips a tricks section?
Thanks.

Try clicking the pics / using a different browser.

Slvrsrfr

i recently received my controller and have to say I am very happy with the Viking controller 360 and have made a few macros here and there I would like to know how to make a jitter mod for future reference, but I have to say Viking Rules. My next goal is to look at the library and check out the macro. Ciao!!

viking360

was up brp nice to know ppl still care thanks for the information i have a question i play black ops alot and love jitter yy and xyy when shotting g11 i want it to shot fast but yet the shots are going to be silent for the spas12 the same i tried the macro library but those method are trash except your that would be the only jitter method i use but i want it to shot silent shots at all times

bonefisher

was up brp nice to know ppl still care thanks for the information i have a question i play black ops alot and love jitter yy and xyy when shotting g11 i want it to shot fast but yet the shots are going to be silent for the spas12 the same i tried the macro library but those method are trash except your that would be the only jitter method i use but i want it to shot silent shots at all times
Where did you hear about these being silent? LOL your talking about my jitter that was super fast but it was never silent! Someone just actually had that happen on a kill can which was in between the frame shots that came off being silent for that shot!

viking360

bro im in a clan MLJz Its 2BEAST the clan requiers to have a yy jitter and a xyy jitter lets say i 1v1 my friend when he shots with the spas 12 it jitters but almost all the shots are silent and the gun jitters so fast he has a many mods is there any way i can make or get a macro that does that go to youtube i know u know this kid v360 sinner well look at his page hes jittering a g11 all shots are silent if u notice plz help me

viking360

plz help i want to know if its possible to jitter spas12 and hear no shots but the shots are still affective msg me personaly

bonefisher

plz help i want to know if its possible to jitter spas12 and hear no shots but the shots are still affective msg me personaly
Ok your looking at a jitter on BO2 which I've had a lot of the jitters do that before patch and you can look at Vikings after patch at the end of his you tube video it does that but on BO all I could do is to speed one up really fast but no dice on the silent shots!