Having a problem!!!

CHEDDAR

I'm having a problem that when I shoot the FAL with rapid fire or any single shot weapon on BO2 for that matter I somehow knife after the first shot is fired like a panic knife....Now it doesn't happen all the time but enough that its becoming very annoying. Could it be something wrong with my controller or is it just me. Also when i try to use jitter mode its not a smooth transition into the next shot. My gun looks and fires like its being quick scoped super fast. Is that what jitter mod is supposed to be like. Im new to the whole modded thing but I do love my Ragnarok controller so far (although after reading these forums I wish I got the macro instead). I just dont understand and if these problems are normal or if there might be something wrong. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time in advance!!

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
Two possible answer i can think of, if your are running too many mods at once, it can make the controller do weird glitches every once in a while especially if your using fast reloads and the second one being if your batteries are starting to get to low the controller will start to throw glitches out like what your describing firing then it knifes. My suggestions would be to cut back on if your running a bunch of mods at once especially fast reloads and making sure your batteries have a lot of juice in them. As to your second question about the jitter, if u havent downloaded the v1.5 driver yet i would do that. it has new updated jitter mods on it and what jitter does is when u hip fire a shotgun for ex. the pump action shotgun it will fire the bullets at a supper fast rate way faster possible than if u use the right trigger. The name jitter gets its name cause what it looks like when u use it. The gun will look like your about to aim in and it will drop and aim in and repeat so fast it just kinda looks like a weird blur. All its really doing is hitting reload then switching weapons super fast while firing. It may look weird but is very deadly. If u came around a corner and there was two or three enemys without jitter on a pump action shotgun u will be lucky to kill one cause the pump action is so slow, now with jitter the gun will fire so fast u could drop all three in like 1 second. Its supposed to look funny when used thats just how jitter is.

Last edited:

CHEDDAR

Hey Brian thanks for the reply. But it still happens with new or fully charged batteries and as far as mods I don't run anything except for rapid fire. i have only had this controller for 3 weeks at most and to be honest i still dont know everything it can do....Oh and a Big thank you Brian I use your rapid fire speed for the FAL it works great!!! When I'm not panic knifing that is...lol

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
Its hard to say sometimes u just get a controller with sensitive sticks and sometimes in heated game play some people get heavy thumbs and even if your not clicking the RS all the way down the pressure of your heavy thumbs can make it do a knife. Its not necessarily the mod in the controller like i said u can buy a stock controller and just get one with real sensitive sticks. My friend just bought a controller recently and the same thing happens to him. He wont fully click all the way down on the RS but he puts just enough pressure to make the RS do an occasional knife. I would just take some time learn the controller and make sure u have the latest driver installed in the controller. Also if u have any questions on how to use a specific mod i can tell u how to turn it on. If u dident know there are turbo knifes and auto sprint mods on the ragnarok and a lot of people dont know about them cause there not on that paper that comes with your controller that tells how to turn the mods on. Like if u hold the tac button then hold select then click the RS it will turn on turbo knife. there are 3 turbo knifes if u hold all three of those buttons down it will flash 1 then 2 then 3 times. mode 3 is for BO2 just remember it only works if u r carrying a semtex. And there is auto sprint were u hold the tac hold select then press the LS. this will make you sprint when u tap the LT. Hope this helps. [RS right stck, LS left stick, LT left trigger, RT right trigger] this is if u dont understand my quick abbreviations. If all else say it gets worse and its some kind of defect then u can always open a support ticket and this will just have u state whats going on with the controller and if they feel its a hardware issue and your still under warenty they will send u a return postage thing to where there take it to there shop and diagnose the problem and try to fix it for u.

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
Cheddar, doesn't sound normal. Some things to check:

Are you in default button layout in the game options screen, and also in default button layout set for the controller? The controller must be set for the same button layout as the game (out of the box it's setup for default button layout). This can be checked by holding mod switch + holding button Y and counting the blinks up until it blinks just once, then release. This is button layout #1 which is default button layout.

Ok now we're all set up in the default button layout. In default button layout, turning on rapidfire is hold mod switch + tap right trigger. Player 4 LED blinks and stays lit. Now pull the right trigger. If it knifes, I don't know what's going on but it would sound like a hardware issue to be requiring the controller to be mailed into the shop. It should not knife. (Are you absolutely sure you are not pressing the right thumbstick.)