Help!!! Odin's -vs- Duo chip and Thors vs sleeper diferences

gpadin

Guys I just got 2 Viking boards from an "afiliated" website as DIY kits.
The website pointed me here for installation and drivers instructions. The site listed the chips as Sleeper/Duo. I came here and all drivers and post refer to Thors/Raven. What is the difference between Odin's -vs- Duo or Thors vs sleeper. Are these old boards without support?

I'm a noob on this stuff and got this for my boss 10 yrs old son's birthday, hoping my guys in the lab at work can make the apropiate connections to the controler for me.

Would the drivers be the same?

Please help!

Thanks.

modded matt

there is no diference. odens raven and the duo are the same. thors hamer and sleeper are the same. the mod chips are old and have been revised with the name chnage, but there are no legacy issues known. you will need to allow word bit programing, when programing it for the first time. other then that they are the same.

My personal advice:
get the duo/odens raven. this has added buttons and makes it much easier to use then the sleeper. definatly for young kids as you state.

gpadin

Thanks a lot Matt..... What do you mean with.. "you will need to allow word bit programing". Sorry for the ignorance as I'm new on this. I'll look in the forum in the meantime for it. Also your suggestion of "get the duo/odens raven" I should use the solder diagrams & drivers for it right?... This is the one with the buttons on the bottom. They perform the same the only difference is the additional butons right?

Thanks again!!

Ben

gpadin said:
Thanks a lot Matt..... What do you mean with.. "you will need to allow word bit programing". Sorry for the ignorance as I'm new on this. I'll look in the forum in the meantime for it. Also your suggestion of "get the duo/odens raven" I should use the solder diagrams & drivers for it right?... This is the one with the buttons on the bottom. They perform the same the only difference is the additional butons right?

Thanks again!!

The "Allow Configuration Word Programming" is when you first program your controller with the HID Bootloader Software you will need to tick that box.

Duo/Raven means you should wire the chip up like in the diagrams for Duo/Raven & Use the Duo/Raven Driver Downloads.

For the difference look here; viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1238