help to program controller windows7

odingalt

Staff member
This is a good question. I'm using a flashing program provided by Microchip corporation, they support the suite of Windows o/s but no word on Windows 7. Does anybody own 7 and a Viking controller?

Blackburn

I'm am running windows 7 64bit and flahshing works as normal for me. I'm trying to to find a way to edit the flashing software to make it only do what's needed to prevent accidental errors and such. As well as a way to get it working for linux users.

bubba

well i am running windows7 32bit and all it does is come up with usb error.and i have tryed everything

odingalt

Staff member
Hey bubba have you had any luck on this, I thought Windows 7 was't going to be released until later this month or is it on store shelves now?? It's kind of hard for us to provide support for an o/s that isn't technically released yet :) I think MS is working out the bugs.

Fredrow

Hey man I don't have Windows 7 yet. Also I'm not sure if odingalt has it.
But from reading this thread it sounds like Blackburn got it to work. So I would ask him,
because like I said I don't own it yet......

odingalt

Staff member
bubba said:
well i am running windows7 32bit and all it does is come up with usb error.and i have tryed everything

Bubba could you get a screenshot of the error it is giving and post it here?

Ben

Mine works flawlessy on windows 7 ultimate 32 bit.

Just followed the flashing video :).

Fredrow

bubba said:
it comes up with usb device not USB device not recognized

I think I know what your saying. When you go and hook your controller up to your PC. As soon as you power on the controller while pressing right tact, or sync button (depending which setup you have) a little message pops up with a small cation sign and says "USB device not recognized computer" or it says something about a default..... If this is what I'm thinking it is, then the problem is something to do with the connection on your V360 board to either the PnC port or the 3.5mm jack (which ever setup you have)

If what I have said here is way off then when this happens again could you please take a screen shot of the problem... Or take us set by step of what you do up until this problem happens.....

Thanks......

odingalt

Staff member
One other thing that can cause this problem:

Do not touch the 'button A' or the 'right thumbstick' when programming the controller. These buttons share the USB line so pressing them when hooked up to your PC will mess up the USB communications.

odingalt

Staff member
I sent an e-mail to Bubba that maybe he should just send it back to us to take a look. This problem doesn't have anything to do with Windows 7 however. HIDBOOTLOADER.EXE works fine on Windows 7. (God bless death to Vista! by the way...)

G

Hey... Im runnin windows 7 32 bit and i dl the winrar 32 bit and i had the same problem... Usb device not found... Eniar and i have gone back n forth and we came up with a strange but logical solution... Make sure the batteries in ur controller are FRESH!!! After i put in new batteries the flash went as fast as the first time i did it!!!