HID bootloader prob.

CJB

I'm trying to download the MW2 settings on my controller. When I unpack the files with winrar and click on the HID bootloader it gives me this message: Cannot execute C:\DOCUME~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX00.250\HIDBootloader.exe. Any help would be appreciated. I've downloaded settings from other PC's but this is the first attempt on my own. WinRAR is where the message is originating, and I've tryed re-downloading RAR to see if it fixes it... to no avail. Thanks.

Ben

Do you just open the file straight from winrar? or do you drag the files to the desktop first and then do it?

IrishStyle

CJB said:
I'm trying to download the MW2 settings on my controller. When I unpack the files with winrar and click on the HID bootloader it gives me this message: Cannot execute C:\DOCUME~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX00.250\HIDBootloader.exe. Any help would be appreciated. I've downloaded settings from other PC's but this is the first attempt on my own. WinRAR is where the message is originating, and I've tryed re-downloading RAR to see if it fixes it... to no avail. Thanks.

Doesn't sound like a winrar problem to me....maybe a .net framework problem....are you using XP? If so here is the current .net framework download. Should solve the problem.

.Net Framework

odingalt

Staff member
Be sure to drag and drop the hidbootloader.exe file to your desktop along with the .hex file you'd like to use first. It looks like you are doubleclicking on the hidbootloader.exe from the WinRAR window, which would give an error like this.