HIDbootloader and controller help, major problem lately

Brennanboyle

okay ive had my viking 360 controller (Thors Hammer) and i had it on a MW2 set for a while and so i decided since i bought black ops i would HIDbootload a macro into the chip, everytime i set it into bootloader mode and plug it into my PC using the play and charge it goes about 3/4 the way to the load and then it stops, if somebody could please help me specifically a moderator or admin, it would be much appreciated. thanks.

- BrennanBoyle

odingalt

Staff member
Actually I think your question belongs in the "Legacy Tech Support" forums (I moved your post).

The Thor's Hammer containts the 'old' purple modchip. The macro controllers use a different newer modchip. In other words the macro software can't work on the old legacy controllers since it's different hardware. Trying to use the macro software on the Legacy controllers is sort of similar to trying to play an XBOX360 game in an old Nintendo64 console. Sorry for the bad news!

So to get your mod back up and working though you'll want to hit up the Viking360.com site, click on Downloads, click on Legacy Drivers. There is a custom driver creator there, as well as some of the 'traditional' drivers for the Thor's Hammer.

odingalt

Staff member
Brennanboyle said:
THANK YOU!! i think it would be better if i just bought a new 200 dollar one :)

Thor's Hammer is still a fine controller, and depending on how you play the game (and what games you play), it still might suit your needs well :D .