How long will the Macro be "Discontinued"

I few friends of mine were thinking about picking up a Macro controller sometime soon. I briefly explained that the Macro is "Discontinued" and that you guys will be releasing a different type of modded controller sometime in the next few months. Do you guys think you will ever go back to producing the Macro? If not any idea on how many are left? Thanks!

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Unfortuneatly quite probably perrmanently... Microsoft has discontinued the type of controller required to make them.

NYjetsNY1

I few friends of mine were thinking about picking up a Macro controller sometime soon. I briefly explained that the Macro is "Discontinued" and that you guys will be releasing a different type of modded controller sometime in the next few months. Do you guys think you will ever go back to producing the Macro? If not any idea on how many are left? Thanks!

There are about 300 CCG2 board macro controllers left. After we sell those we will release a Matrix2 type controller made for cod mw3. It'll be like the Ragnarok but for 360.

We may go back to producing the macro if we can ever find a way to:
1. Order less than $100k worth of macro chips in 1 order
2. Get matrix2 to work with the macro

There is no ETA on bringing the macro controller back after we sell out and we may never bring the macro back. We just don't know yet.

Krier023

Useful Poster
Basically, as nyjets said, the macro controller is discontinued indefinitely. It was a specific modchip that would only work with the cg2 controller. Microsoft stopped making the cg2 boards, and are now making matrix2 boards. Unless Microsoft starts making cg2 boards again, or viking spends about 100-200 thousand dollars on creating a new designed macro chip for the new boards, they will be discontinued. Even if viking is able to scrounge up some more modchips for the cg2 boards from their distributer, they will be in limited supply because cg2 boards will start getting harder and harder to find new.

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
There are about 300 CCG2 board macro controllers left. After we sell those we will release a Matrix2 type controller made for cod mw3. It'll be like the Ragnarok but for 360.

We may go back to producing the macro if we can ever find a way to:
1. Order less than $100k worth of macro chips in 1 order
2. Get matrix2 to work with the macro

There is no ETA on bringing the macro controller back after we sell out and we may never bring the macro back. We just don't know yet.
If microsoft starts making the CG2 PCB's again then Viking will start making them (probably).
And like NYjetsNY1 said less than $100,000 grand worth of macro mod chips ($100,000 worth is a little much, why are they requesting you buy them all at once?)

NYjetsNY1

If microsoft starts making the CG2 PCB's again then Viking will start making them (probably).
And like NYjetsNY1 said less than $100,000 grand worth of macro mod chips ($100,000 worth is a little much, why are they requesting you buy them all at once?)

I know $100,000 is a lot but that is the minimum order and we can't lower it :/ not only that but there aren't that many CG2 boards anyway. We need to get the macro on matrix 2 which is too much money, then spend $100,000 on chips? Can't do it at this time.

odingalt

Staff member
Anyway to answer the original question, 300 controllers will last until about Thanksgiving. Possibly into December depending on how slow it is this fall. They will definitely be gone by x-mas and there's a chance they will be gone before x-mas even gets here.

pnyxxpress

Don't forget supply and demand... The price has been on a steady rise since I bought mine 6 weeks ago. Better grab one now..

I ordered 2 of em on August 28th (Still waiting for UPS to get their act together). I told my friends to hurry up. they want to check out mine when it comes in

Anyway to answer the original question, 300 controllers will last until about Thanksgiving. Possibly into December depending on how slow it is this fall. They will definitely be gone by x-mas and there's a chance they will be gone before x-mas even gets here.

sO WITH THAT being said , the new 360 ones will be here after Thanksgiving?

RED SOX

ModdingBros Co-Leader
If i were u i'd get the macro controller before they run out it is worth it in the long run.