I need help seriously.

Kamikaze

Unfortunately, the hardware and software are 2 different things. That's like asking Microsoft to write a new copy of Windows for your broken PC. Sorry man :([/quote]

But it's not broken. It works with the legacy drivers but is it just pre-programmed to work with those?

odingalt

Staff member
Kamikaze said:
Unfortunately, the hardware and software are 2 different things. That's like asking Microsoft to write a new copy of Windows for your broken PC. Sorry man :(

But it's not broken. It works with the legacy drivers but is it just pre-programmed to work with those?[/quote]

Yeah it's broke. If it fails the button test code, then you have hardware issues. I don't care if it works with legacy drivers but not the custom hex editor. The Custom Hex Editor works differently because it allows for more advanced combinations of buttons for toggling and scrolling through modes. Since your controller has shorted out buttons, it's confusing the custom hex file.

The plain legacy drivers didn't look for so many combination, so they didn't care that your buttons are shorted.

I sent you a PM but apparently you didn't receive it?

odingalt

Staff member
odingalt said:
Kamikaze said:

Flashing with a difrerent computer won't change the results of the button test code unfortunately :-( How long have you had this particular controller (how close to being still in warranty is it) we try to be flexible with the 90-day if it's not too far out, also did you buy direct from viking360 or an affiliate?

Trying to determine who you purchased from and when to see about repairs.

Kamikaze

odingalt said:
odingalt said:
Kamikaze said:

Flashing with a difrerent computer won't change the results of the button test code unfortunately :-( How long have you had this particular controller (how close to being still in warranty is it) we try to be flexible with the 90-day if it's not too far out, also did you buy direct from viking360 or an affiliate?

Trying to determine who you purchased from and when to see about repairs.

Sent you a PM.