I need help. Thor's hammer not connecting to computer

Dsoderhpinitro

I got a thor's hammer from my friend and it worked for him. it is an old legacy controller, but when trying to connect it to my computer to change the mods it wont go into bootloader mode. LED3 and LED4 go off and LED1 and LED2 just flash at the same time with each other. HELP???

Fredrow

Dsoderhpinitro; I just helped another person who had this same problem, he emailed me telling me the same problems as you are having. So I made a quick checklist for him and I will post it here for you to do the same thing. The guy was able to get his controller working after he did these steps. Now if your controller still will not connect after you have done these steps, then I would bet that the connection to the jack/PnC (whichever option you have) is faulty.

Check list!
1.) batteries (if noting else works, then buy some brand new AA batteries)
2.) put your controller into programming mode.
3.) open bootloader HID, and see if the device is connected to your PC.
4.) Please do not be running a Apple computer?
5.) test your USB ports on your PC
6.) Are you using the correct version of Netframs from Microsoft?
7.) Have you gone to the Viking360 site and downloaded the Legacy drives/ programming software?

Can’t think of anymore to check!!

Good luck!!!! :geek:

odingalt

Staff member
Did you buy this from a third party (craigslist, etc.)? People seem to try to sell a lot of broken Legacy Vikings third-party like this. No way to know for sure if it was a legit Viking or somebody failing at a DIY kit install.