I need help with lag GTA4

G

Im new on here and didnt have a chance to get that GTA4 preset i dont care about the cruse control but i need differnet modes cause depending on the game setup "pedestrens,traffic,rockets going off firehygrints going it makes it lag up even when i change modes 6,3,8. It works really good and fast but not when all that stuff is going on.Or see what you can do to make a new preset just for GTA4 that has different modes to help with lag.

ps
I LOVE MY NEW DUO IT KICKS A55

odingalt

Staff member
Not much we can do about the lag :-(. You can try dialing in some slower speeds with the user programmable mode on the 'all-in-one' preset to see if it improves the rapidfire performance during big firefights. I had to include GTAIV as a mode, because all the other mod shops made GTAIV mod look awesome - mostly by posting videos of themselves firing down a lonely alleyway. So I copied them (That's part of what we do, 'we can do what any other mod shop can do') It's not all that awesome at times with as you mentioned the game lag. The recoil is still a little less even with all the lag but it's still not as cool as a 1v1 at the edge of the map vs 20 guys running around.

odingalt

Staff member
Unfortunately it's called misleading advertising. Most of the mod shops record their GTA IV demo video down a dark alley, with no other game characters arouna and only 1-2 guys in an on-line match. The reality is that rapidfire just doesn't work that well on GTA IV due to game lag. There's nothing a rapidfire controller can do to save that.

Originally we did not list GTA IV as a supported game. After getting tired of hearing this "omg, xyz mod shop supports GTA IV but Viking doesn't" we added GTA IV to our 'all in one' driver line-up and included GTA IV in our game demo video.

Go to 6:38 in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAXQAryoeR0

Notice we're shooting down a side-alley with no game characters around, like every other mod shops' demo video. It's the same problem with jitter mod. Jitter mod *sounds* awesome, in practicality jitter mod is only useful for a some guns in certain situations.

But again, if you do see a video where someone is kicking butt in the middle of game lag with 20 players around, I would be interested in seeing it so we can study it and try to duplicate it. That's the beauty of the USB upgradability - if something is discovered for a game after we release our drivers, it's pretty easy to just re-release them a second time. (or third time.. or fourth time :)

odingalt

Staff member
smrx8 said:
Trying to find out myself how those other people turbo works like lightning

If our competitor's controllers are working faster on GTA IV then I've got to figure it out! Does anybody have an evil controller and a video capture card, or an evil and a viking both? I'd like to see if there's an actual difference side by side, and if so I'd like to get started working on an updated driver. Or maybe somebody has a link to a recent youtube video showing one in action?

EviiL sKiiLz

i have both and a capture card but take it from me viking is faster and like i said before gta is a laggy game so that has a lot to do with it