I see matrix controllers are now supported so...

haVOC1787

Does the matrix controllers mimic that of wired controllers? or do wired controllers act as cg1,cg2 boards? I am interested in helping with this if odingalt needs/ wants it. I can write some code but prefer not to. But i can test solder points, resistors, effectiveness and programing glitches as well.

Blackburn

at this time only CG, CG2, and Matrix are supported. We have people working on this at the moment and do not need extra Devs at the moment, we'll make sure and hit you up if a spot opens

odingalt

Staff member
We just wire up left trigger, right trigger, the Sync button, and the PnC port in the Matrix, and also one wire to the 2.0 volt regulator to monitor for powerup. I think it's a 10-wire install at the moment. The matrix triggers are 'backwards' from CG1/CG2, i.e. when trigger is pressed the voltage across the pot is like .2v, when the trigger is released the voltage is ~1.6v. I'm guessing that for wired controllers it''s just a matter of making up a wiring diagram and testing out either the matrix all-in-one code or the sleeper all-in-one code, and then finding a point somewhere so the chip can 'listen' for when the controller is powered up (I have the chip put itself to sleep to save on power)

haVOC1787

well I have found a topic on xboxscene about wired controllers. One is a matrix type and the other is a new CL (common line). I am going to go buy one tonight and wire it up and see what I can come up with. I know the voltage readings are backwards in the matrix versus cg. If you were to take the time to develop a wired model you would be the first that I know of and most people would prefer a wired on to begin with.

odingalt

Staff member
Stupid question here. What would we use for the mode change button instead of sync? Would installers need to install a tac switch?? Or would they opt to wire it into one of the d-pad buttons?

haVOC1787

for the most part I would think its a duo. I could see using the dpad or the back button by the xbox button. Its very rarely used in any games.

Fredrow

I don't think the back button is a good idea. Because in COD4 and COD5 the back button is used to bring up the leaderboard.....

Blackburn

my halo3 controller has the duo setup, but instead of using tacts, i used D-Pad left and right. wast the best decision, but could be really good if the codes were designed for it to add a delay to the on/off