Information on Macro design (How it works?)

C.J.

I was wondering if there is any resources that I could use to study how/why the button presses combined achieve the effect they do (fast reload, turbo knife, jitter, etc.). So far I've found the link to this:

http://denkirson.xanga.com/735016527/black-ops/

But from what I can tell the is not much help for me right now except maybe making Rapid-fire seems kinda easy, but the others Quick-reload jitter, Turbo-knifebut is kinda where the question comes in. Say on Quick-reload why do the additional button presses ( Y, Y early in the macro or later some times) added into the initial reload press of X make this possible. I guess in kinda looking for some theory on how button glitches work on Black Ops and other COD games. I got a ton of free time and would like to use some of it to help build/design/test new stuff...Thanks in advance for any help-C.J.

NYjetsNY1

C.J. said:
I was wondering if there is any resources that I could use to study how/why the button presses combined achieve the effect they do (fast reload, turbo knife, jitter, etc.). So far I've found the link to this:

But from what I can tell the is not much help for me right now except maybe making Rapid-fire seems kinda easy, but the others Quick-reload jitter, Turbo-knifebut is kinda where the question comes in. Say on Quick-reload why do the additional button presses ( Y, Y early in the macro or later some times) added into the initial reload press of X make this possible. I guess in kinda looking for some theory on how button glitches work on Black Ops and other COD games. I got a ton of free time and would like to use some of it to help build/design/test new stuff...Thanks in advance for any help-C.J.

I created every macro by just testing in-game. This looks helpful though.

a Spec Of fluff

Information on Macro design
Macro design is 99% of the time is trial and error - the reason being their are generally no documents to read for help!

How macros works
To understand you need to know the two types of Macro:
Standard Macro
Is basically a macro that doesnt need error within the game/ or something that some regular xbox 360 controller can do (Eg Quickscopes, Akimbo Mode, Auto hold Breathand Teken 6 Combos etc)
Advantage Macro
Is basically a combination of buttons that trigger something within the game which without the modded controller would be fairly hard to do(eg Jitter Mod, Fast Reload and Turbo Knife)

Please note: With what i have said above, things like Rapid Fire and Teken 6 Combos can be Either Standard or Advantage Macros. Because they both can be performed, just not as fast (Rapid fire) or as accurately(Teken 6).Just remember - if it is hard to perform with a standard controller it then becomes an Advantage Macro.

Another thing to note is any modded controller wouldn't work (Excludes Standard Macro Types) without errors within the game. An example of this is Fast reloads only work due to bad game coding.

a Spec Of fluff

To answer this question( Y, Y early in the macro or later some times) about quick reloads, here is an example;
1)Your on MW2 (You dont have the perk Sleight of hand on and neither does your friend)
2)You have a MP5K equipped (SMG)
3)Your friend has an M60 equipped (LMG)
4)You both hold down the Right trigger and waste a bit of ammo.
5)You then both press the X button on your controller at the same time.

Who reloads the fastest? .......Your friend!
The time it takes to reload determines when the two Y's are pressed

Hope this and my above post is helpful

Thanks Chris (aka a Spec Of Fluff)

NYjetsNY1

C.J. said:

I didn't understand Chris's post too well so here is my 2-cents:
Every gun reloads by pressing X. Thus the X in the macro.

Every gun takes a different length to reload. The M16 reloads super fast for example, compared to the M60.
The first Y press is when the gun LITERALLY finishes reloading. At the bottom, your ammo will have changed.
However, the animation is still there, making it impossible to shoot until it is done.
Thus-fast reloads. The Y cancels the animation. Tap Y twice to have it stay on your gun.
That's how that macro works.
The first Y should be close to the second Y press, about 2 bars away in the timeline editor.

The Turbo-Knife is basically a knife press, cancelled by the semtex/tomahawk, then pressed Y 3 times, therefore cancel out of semtex, and back to the gun. There is a d-pad in the macro, originally to prolong it enough for rapid-knifing. However, I don't think it does this anymore. It is merely there because for some reason I believe it helps the macro. It just does.

C.J.

Cool thanks for the info, I'll start digging around and see what I can come up with that might help. When the mod tools for the PC come out maybe that will help, but first I gotta plug this puppy in and give her a whirl.-C.J.