Internal Server Error?

I was making a simple rune (made many of them before with no issue), went to save it and it said Internal Server Error. I have XB1 Berserker.

I rebooted not only the PC I was working on the rune but tried on another and got same result. Also, I was working on the rune and trying to add forward push L joystick and the typical red pins that show up at end of the timeline (within left and right cirlcle) when you add a directional push to the time line won't show up. It just shows the timeline with the two empty circles at the end.

I am using Chrome and have used it with no problems.

Anybody else having this issue?

bonefisher

I did let Odingalt know about this. Mine is still saving with the error up so make sure you just save once or you'll have many to delete. Still will work though. He is looking into this!

thanks for the heads up. By the way I tried your Tac 19 jitter mod in AW and didn't seem to work. I have Gung Ho perk on too. Is the jitter mod seperate from your BONE-Advanced Gaming Pack? I used the Tac 19 All option rune in the pack and didn't do the jitter. I didn't find a specific Tac 19 jitter rune either when I downloaded your AW Pack. Is it located elsewhere?

odingalt

Staff member
When I was testing as far as I can tell everything works normal/saves normal with the exception of an annoying "internal server error" message to which you have to click o.k.

With regards to two empty circles question, can you copy and paste the URL to that rune?

odingalt

Staff member
With regards to the "internal server error", something is wrong at Cloudant (our database provider), and since it's a holiday weekend nobody there is working. I have been working since last night on setting up the database on our dedicated server instead. So far it is testing out o.k. But in order to make the switch, I'd have to take the Forge down for about half an hour (or less most likely) while I transfer all the data from Cloudant to our dedicated server and then change a few configurations.

odingalt

Staff member
Stupid question but are you sure you didn't add a left stick click or right stick click timeline track on accident? They are two different things. There is "left joystick" and also "left joystick click".

Stupid question but are you sure you didn't add a left stick click or right stick click timeline track on accident? They are two different things. There is "left joystick" and also "left joystick click".
No, I added it to the L joystick. I just tried to edit it again and it now seems to be putting the red pins in the circles. Odd. Something get fixed since my post?

bonefisher

What does this have to do with the error?

odingalt

Staff member
I am now working to transfer data from Cloudant.com, to Viking's dedicated server. I'll update this thread after I've "thrown the switch", so to speak. As of right now when you log into the Forge, you are accessing data on Cloudant.

odingalt

Staff member
Ok. The Forge data was transferred from Cloudant to Viking's dedicated server. And the Forge is now using data from Viking's dedicated server. (The old data as of 9/15/2015 6:58PM is still being stored on Cloudant as a fail-safe back-up in case this didn't work).

I know hope the following apply:

-No more "Internal Server Error" messages when saving runes or runepacks.
-Faster load times on runes and runepacks (should have decreased from about 800ms to about 300ms, on average)

Please report any recent Forge issues to this thread.

odingalt

Staff member
Folks, it's probably too early to call, but I'm seeing improved performance in the Forge after moving our data. Loading packs and saving packs seems to be going much faster now, and so far I haven't been able to get the Internal Server Error message to come back.

Please report any recent Forge issues to this thread.

odingalt

Staff member
All right folks. We've moved the app itself onto Viking's servers. The app is at https://forge.vikingdigital.com. Don't worry, if you go to the old link at http://forge.viking360.com it will automatically re-direct you to the new link.

If you are having any issues getting to the log-in page, try clearing your browser's history using the instructions below.

To reset history from Chrome: click on the "three lines" to bring up the menu, go to Settings, go to History, click on Clear Browsing Data, and check these boxes: Browsing History, Download History, Cookies and other site data, Cached images and files. Then click o.k. Then try to go to the forge again.

To reset history from Internet Explorer: click on the gear icon to bring up the menu, go to Internet Options, click on General tab, click on Delete (under the browsing history section), and select these check boxes: Temporary Internet Files and Website Files, Cookies and website data, History. Then click o.k.