Is it possible to assign A to LeftBumper for Jumpshoting

bonefisher

There are tutorials in MW3 section on the first post! The video's will help you make Marco's! If you still need help I'll give you some help!

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
is there a way to jump with the Left bumper for when I want to jumpshot?
Yes u can assign A to the LB bumper but u cannot stop the main funtion which is LB. This may cause u problems. Whenever u press the LB u will jump & throw your assigned LB perk. When u run out of LB perks (or if u dont assign any) the animations will likley screw up your jumpshots. It will say no tacticals whenever LB is pressed and this can cause a delay in the RT pull.

I see were your wanting to go with this. Im just pre-warning you that it will likley have issues and may turn out as a non practical macro. Personally I'd go with a tac opperated macro. I have a ton of tac opperated jump/aim/dropshot/auto/semi-auto macros in the forums. Tell me the weapons u want it for and ill hook u up. Easy as that!

If your hellbent on having this macro I will make it for u. Just know if u decide to have it u will be better off not assigning any LB perks. I wont guarentee u the animations are not going to screw up your jumpshots. If u go this route tell me the specific weapon u want the jumpshot macro to work with the LB. I will make u a "all in one" macro. When LB is pressed and held it will make your guy jump, aim & fire all on the single action of the LB press.

Last edited:

modded matt

^^that
create macro for a tact switch so when you press the assigned tact it presses A then RT to accomplish a single fire jump shot.

verytguy

ya know i would but the problem is one small thing, and this isn't a problem with the controller but more so me. The way I hold the controller and how close the tac buttons are on the back of the controller make it very difficult to use tac switches for in game situations.

Im assuming you play halo and want a bumper jumper type thing on black ops. Here's a LB jump macro that took like 2seconds to make. Assigning a macro to LB doesn't screw with the animation at all, it works perfect with no problems. Just assign this to LB and add a toggle to turn it on/off.

Attachments

• Jumpshot LB.vkm
    528 bytes · Views: 6

modded matt

ya know i would but the problem is one small thing, and this isn't a problem with the controller but more so me. The way I hold the controller and how close the tac buttons are on the back of the controller make it very difficult to use tac switches for in game situations.
Are you disabled? I could modify your controller to relocate the tacts for you and use larger buttons if needed. depending on how bad off you are I have ported these functions out to plugs for a sip n puff or foot controls. Let me know if I can help in anyway.

Qween of Awesum

Modded Matt please know that your genuineness and willingness to help is indeed awesome. Nevertheless, I still laughed out loud when I read this thread because I too have the same issue with tac switches. But It's not that I'm disabled, I'm just COD handicapped. Meaning not good enough to remember anything other than 'pull RT, then pull LT and keep moving!' when I'm in the heat of the moment with someone. So to speak. So needless to say I found myself shaking my head in agreement with the OPs comments and then choking on my spit when I read are you disabled?? Lol. Thank u for that. Truly made my night.

modded matt

It was a fair question without any offence intended. I have been doing this for a long time (im in my 30's), and I do a lot of custom work with www.ablegamers.com I have built many custom controllers for disabled clients. I usually do these modifications at no cost. I could do the same modifications for you, but you would have to pay the standard rate if you are not physically handicapped. In working with these challenged gamers, they are often shy and insecure so they don't just come out and tell you they are disabled, you have to read between the lines. When he stated "the way I hold the controller" stood out to me. The Viking macro controller helps with those types of mods because of the way functions can be relocated to the tact switches which can be ported to external switches thus allowing the user to change his foot controls from a/b to x/y via the software without having me continuously modifying the controllers outputs for them. I surely hope your amusement was at my bluntness...

odingalt

Staff member
I can vouch for that. It's basically unaffordable for someone on a regular salary, fixed income, (or no income) to afford a custom controller for someone with a disability. At least if buying from a commercial outfit. I saw some PC gaming rigs for disabled that were running in the $1,000's, so Matt's work is much appreciated. I've been known to donate a piece or two if Matt is working on a good cause.

Sorry for getting sidetracked from your original post, I feel like Matt and I hijacked this thread. !warning! to matt and odingalt lol