Is this "moron" mod possible on the Hammer

G

Is it possible to completely disable the right thumbstick button on the Hammer? I ask because sometimes while playing MW2 I hit the right thumbstick and knife when I meant to pull the right trigger to shoot. I am then left wide open and get destroyed. Seems to happen when I'm really tired or havn't played in a while. I know only a moron would want to disable his knife because he can't push the correct button but I'm sure that I'm not the only moron out there so I was wondering if it's even possible. Thanks.

Ben

Hi - I don't think this is possible due to the way all the controllers are wired up..

Have you tried changing the controller settings so B is knife, and Right click is crouch? might be a little more helpful

Fredrow

BrianK said:
Is it possible to completely disable the right thumbstick button on the Hammer? I ask because sometimes while playing MW2 I hit the right thumbstick and knife when I meant to pull the right trigger to shoot. I am then left wide open and get destroyed. Seems to happen when I'm really tired or havn't played in a while. I know only a moron would want to disable his knife because he can't push the correct button but I'm sure that I'm not the only moron out there so I was wondering if it's even possible. Thanks.

DUDE I KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT..... I started doing the knife thing in COD4 when it first came out with my old skool MOD controller. So I switched out the controller layout buttons in the option screen to "TACTICAL".

Then I went one step farther. I went and modded my controller by taking out the tact switch from under the right stick and then installing a new push button on the bottom shell of my controller that is the knife now. So all the right stick does is aim.... No more ghost knifing for me son.....

G

The tactical option is ok, but I found I'm so used to dropping down with B, I'll knife instead hitting the ground and it's pretty much the same problem. Fredrow, I'm not a great modder but I know of the tact switch your talking about. How hard is it to take out that switch and install a new push button. That's exactly what I need bro! I guess if it's too difficult I could always mod it so pushing down the right stick doesn't reach that switch by sort of filing away some plastic, but I hate to destroy it permanently and Never be able to knife with that controller.

odingalt

Staff member
Unfortunately the right thumbstick on the Viking mod chip is an 'input only', it can sense when you hit it, but it can't simulate pushing it for you.

Laaame!

G

But can the Hammer be set to ignore the right thumbstick push so that when you push it yourself nothing happens?

obo

odingalt said:
Unfortunately the right thumbstick on the Viking mod chip is an 'input only', it can sense when you hit it, but it can't simulate pushing it for you.

Laaame!

what about the b button? maybe a possibility of a dropshot mode for default users?