Jitter Mode

G

My Hammer controller just came yesterday but unfortunately I won't be using it until XMAS as its a gift for me. I thought I'd do some research on it's capabilities in these awesome forums here but I have a question I can't seem to find a clear answer for. Is anyone able to explain to a noob exactly what "jitter mode" does? Thanks.

odingalt

Staff member
Multiplayer compatible:
Akimbo Mode - In this mode, pulling only the right trigger will fire BOTH akimbo pistols, improving your aim. Does not slow down full-auto pistols. Can be used in combination with rapidfire for akimbo single-fire pistols rapidfire.
Jitter Mod - A special glitch that increases the firing rate of many guns above the current cap of approximatly 10 shots-per-second
Sniper Mode - In this mode, when you pull the left trigger to aim - sniper breath will automatically be held for you, with no need to push the left thumbstick
3 round bursts - Get 3 round burst firing with any single-fire pistol or rifle
5 round bursts - Get 5 round burst firing with any single-fire pistol or rifle

Off-line only:
TurboSniper - Glitch that turns your sniper rifle into a machine gun in Spec Ops play

odingalt

Staff member
So for example of an unmodded controller, the Famas in COD:MW2 shoots 3-round bursts only. And there is a noiticeable delay between each 3-round burst that is fired.

With a controller with jitter mod you can actually reduce the delay between the 3-round bursts. Meaning you'll burn through a clip much faster. The jitter mod in regards to the Famas I find most useful in close combat when hipfiring, if I miss the guy on the first 3-round burst, I don't have to wait as long for the second burst to come out of the gun.

I'll be releasing a new high speed jitter mod for our COD:MW2 driver, it's just the jitter mod all over again, with the speed set even higher. This will result in the famas actually firing 'single' rounds continuously, instead of firing 3-round bursts.

Now this comes with some drawbacks. You'll notice any mod shop running the jitter mod that the gun tends to unscope, so it can be hard to aim with the jitter mod on. The jury is still out on whether the famas loses a lot of accuracy with the high speed jitter mod turned on, which is why I have only released the 'slower' jitter mod above.

Hope this makes sense, sometimes it's just easier to show it in a video.