Jump To Feature for Multiple Games

datmjd

Hi

As I understand it the hex file is just a list of the rapidfire modes. Would it be possible to assign a button combination that moves to a certain part of the list?

What I am basically tryig to understand is if there could be a method to use multiple game settings in one file, and use button combinations to move to that games set. Like say holding down both tac switches and pressing A goes to the Cod settings, pressing B to GOW, etc.

I just got the controller (havent tried it yet as have other things to do) and figured this would be a feature that a lot of people would want. Im looking forward to peoples thoughts on why this can/cant be achieved.

Thanks

datmjd

Cheers, had a look at that this morning to make a custom setting for COD MW2.

I still have to cycle through the list though if you get what I mean. What im asking for is a method to skip down the list to the next game settings, rather than pressing the tac switch over and over to get to the preferred setting.

Cheers

Also just notcied theres is no gow settings in the editor?

Ben

datmjd said:
Cheers, had a look at that this morning to make a custom setting for COD MW2.

I still have to cycle through the list though if you get what I mean. What im asking for is a method to skip down the list to the next game settings, rather than pressing the tac switch over and over to get to the preferred setting.

Cheers

Also just notcied theres is no gow settings in the editor?

The editor is constantly being updated, check the "Beta Cave" board on the forums for more details!

Hmm that sounds like a good idea ;) maybe we can get it added to the editor :)

datmjd

Should I forward the idea to someone? or will it get spotted? I just dont want it being buried as it would be an AWESOME feature!

Been using the controller for a while on mw2 and its AMAZIN! Now for some gears!

Cheers

Krier023

Useful Poster
yeah odingalt will probably see this idea. it seems like a great idea to me. just have like every game on your controller all you have to do is press a couple buttons. the only thing is i think this would take a whole lot of coding to make

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I'm betting this will be the bottom of his list. You can just make a different preset for each game and flash them when you go to play each game.

datmjd

PS3andCOD said:
I'm betting this will be the bottom of his list. You can just make a different preset for each game and flash them when you go to play each game.

As long as its on the list im happy :D

Anyways being able to skip to specific games is waaaay better than having to switch on a computer to flash the controller just to play a different game. Yeah, you can say 'my computers on so i can do it whenever', but I go to my mates house and take my controller with me, and it would just get annoyin asking him to use his comp to flash a different driver each time we change games.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Taht's good, because I bet this will be the lowest of the low priority. You do have a bit of a point about friends houses though...

odingalt

Staff member
I think what he is asking is could we add a "Configuration A" and a "Configuration B". So the controller boots up into Configuration A by default.

But when you power up the controller holding down say the A and B buttons as an example, it puts the controller into "Configuration B". This way you can basically run two 'drivers' in the same controller (both created from the custom editor).

I've discussed this with our software designer - actually he came up with the idea during development of the editor, but we had our hands full, I always meant to 'go back' and add this feature. I'll have to take a second look to see if there is enough EEPROM left in the mod chip to have multiple configurations stored.