Just received my new Ragnarok XBOX360 controller 30 minutes ago and ... :(

V3NYMZ

As you can imagine I was immediately excited and ready to set my controller up, but when I try to use the firmware updater or the customization software it doesn't recognize the controller. I am also receiving this message: "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it."

Please help!

I am using Windows 7

odingalt

Staff member
Sounds like one of three things

*Bad wires from the modchip to the USB jack (or wires got pinched or something), this would require send in to the shop :-(
*Low batteries (low batteries can cause the USB not to work properly), you can check this quick
*Bad or wrong programming cable (be sure to use the white 3.5mm-to-USB cable that came with your controller, it has to be that one), just make sure it didn't get swapped, it looks similar to some ipod charging cables but it's not the same cable

V3NYMZ

Thanks Odin. I was able to make it work. Sometimes I have to reboot my computer a few times before it reads the device. Is this something I should be concerned about?

modded matt

obviously this is a computer problem rather than a viking problem, sounds like your pc is not loading all the drivers on boot.

odingalt

Staff member
Hmmm..... hmmm .. hm..... well keep an eye on it, if you happen to visit a buddy's house any time soon you might take the controller to his place and see if it works any better on his PC. If it's the same behavior then I would be su****ious of bad batteries, bad programming cable, or an internal connection from our modchip to the jack that's going to give up and need repaired eventually.

odingalt

Staff member
The naughty word filter gets a little overzealous at times. "Sucpicious" is now allowed! :)