Left trigger issue

mitsppil24

I am having the same thing happen. I was able to narrow it down to having the auto-aim mode activated. I've tried different batteries as well as a MS battery pack both made no difference.
I also noticed during parts of the campaign that the left trigger stopped working. Even with all the modes turned off. Any suggestions?
Would you like me to open a support ticket?

odingalt

Staff member
I don't think your issue is the same as the other post, so I split the thread into two. If your left trigger stops working with all mods turned off, then there is definitely some sort of a problem. Although at this time I cannot guess what? It sounds like something that needs to be returned to the shop to diagnose.

Stupid question, did you try updating to the v1.1 driver on the XBOX360 support page?

mitsppil24

Yes it's been updated. I even did it a 2nd time to make sure. Same issue.
I'm going to retest it today to make sure i'm not going crazy.
If it is broken and needs to be sent back, what do I need to do?

odingalt

Staff member
They will set you up with an RMA. This product is so new, if I catch the ticket myself I will send you a prepaid shipping label so you don't have to front the money out of pocket to send it back for diagnosis. Want to figure out what's going on with this thingy.

Stupider question, do your batteries say "ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT ACCESSORY" on them? If so throw them away and try any batteries (play-and-charge, regular, AA alkaline, rechargeable, doesn't matter) so long as it doesn't say ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT ACCESSORY on them.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Yeah, if you're using batteries, especially duracell, that say original equipment accessory on them you can get problems. I was using a set that came with my custom GOW controllers when I bought the GOW3 360 system bundle and my player 3 and 4 LEDs would shut off in the middle of a match but my mods were still enabled. Switched to the play and charge kit with rechargeable battery pack and haven't had a problem since. Definitely see if that helps your problem first.

mitsppil24

I tested again tonight and in about 3 hours of game play it happened about 20 times. The left trigger just stops working. If I hold the tac switch and tap the left bumper it starts working again. Very annoying. I was using a brand new fully charged plug and play kit from MS. I will be filling out a ticket tonight or tomorrow. What is the turn around time on the ticket?

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
ETA on a tech support ticket that my staff can't answer: as many days as I am on vacation, + 1 day. :) I just got back into town, I'm off vacation (unfortunately lol)!