Legacy controller Blues

sly3571

I Have the odins raven ever since the macro controller has come out it seems there are less and less updates for the legacy users. Are there any plans on updating our software with new games.
I heard at one point there was a gears of war 3 setting in the works did that ever get finished or was it scrapped. I was also wondering will we see an update featuring modern warfare 3 as well as battlefield drivers. I just feel the legacy users have been left out. I bought my controller a couple months before the macro controller was released i wish i would have waited but i listened to other peoples testimony on how well it worked so i took the plunge and bought it Im happy with its performance but i was hoping to see more games added

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
I Have the odins raven ever since the macro controller has come out it seems there are less and less updates for the legacy users. Are there any plans on updating our software with new games.
I heard at one point there was a gears of war 3 setting in the works did that ever get finished or was it scrapped. I was also wondering will we see an update featuring modern warfare 3 as well as battlefield drivers. I just feel the legacy users have been left out. I bought my controller a couple months before the macro controller was released i wish i would have waited but i listened to other peoples testimony on how well it worked so i took the plunge and bought it Im happy with its performance but i was hoping to see more games added
The Gears of War 3 driver is still in the making I think.

odingalt

Staff member

All of our driver updates come in the form of updates made to the rapidfire customization software. We stopped updating the individual drivers, and now instead update the rapidfire customization software. With the new GOW3 update I will finally be adding the active reloads to that customization software. Unfortunately the little legacy modchip only has 16kb (that's 16 kilobytes) of onboard flash memory to store all the wonderful code, and 4kb of that is used up by the USB programming bootloader. I had to go back and uhh.. optimize some of my old code :) to free up some more memory.

[Side note, if your legacy rapidfire controller has loose wires, it will need to be repaired, the rapidfire customization software doesn't work on controllers that have bad connections to the buttons.]

GOW3 driver update, yes. I am being sent out of town on training this week for my day job and wasn't able to finish GOW driver testing for public consumption. Will have to finish next weekend when I return.

MW3 driver update, yes. Just as soon as it launches and I get back into town and finish the GOW3 update, there will be tweaks as needed for MW3.

New games, no. Other than the generic adjustable rapidfire. So, drivers such as the WWE smackdown vs. raw for the legacy won't be getting updates and we won't be adding much in the way of new features.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
New Games to Add to the Software?

I think that if anything at all, at least Modern Warfare 3 should be added to the Legacy software. I wasn't sure if you guys were already planning on doing this and I know the game just came out and it will take some time. I know Gears of War 3 is in the works right now if I remember correctly, but what about Battlefield 3 as well? I think this game is just as good as Modern Warfare 3 or at least just as fun and I think it would be cool if it was added. I know messing around with the SPS yourself in the software would still work but I think it would be cool for these games to be added. I myself don't have a legacy controller but I will once the new model is released because it's more affordable for me right now.

odingalt

Staff member
(Merged threads, see above replies). Tentatively plan is to update the Thor's Hammer and Odin's Raven via the rapidfire customization software as thus:

-Update the active reload speeds for GOW3 (assuming active reload works the same way as GOW and GOW2)
-Update the "pre-tuned" speeds for GOW3, BF3 and MW3.
-Look at possibility of adding new fast reload and new jitter methods. Currently jitter offers xyy and yy for older COD games, may be able to add rb,y. Not sure, need to test.
-No other updates for BF3 since basically there are no glitches that I am aware of for BF3.

Not a huge update. We don't have plans to convert all of the macros to work on the legacy. Just a lil' update to try to make the features that were available in the older games, still available in the newer games!

I.e. if you guys bought the legacy expecting fast reload, jitter and rapidfire to work, and active reloads to work, I want to try to get this stuff working (if possible, not sure yet!) for "version 3" of all these games lol. Amazing how everything is on version 3 this year.

mavic

Thank you for working on these older controllers... I plan on buying the new DIY chip when/if it released.

odingalt

Staff member
MK14 looks slow to me. Pistols are eh ok. I am still trying to figure out how to unlock the guns (spent the last two hours trying to figure it out). I am just now starting, but it's going to be similar to Black Ops where the rapidfire speed cap is somewhere under 10 shots per second.