light dimming?

obo

syncingandrew said:
I was just wondering if anyone elses lights are dimming... My controller is a hammer and it has blue leds.
yeah, my lights are usually super dim. Half the time i cant even see the blue led that indicates player 1, so it looks like im playing with a turned off controller.

I'm guessing that you're usin a pnc rechargable battery pack or something like that? Whenever i want to play with super bright led's all i do is plug my controller into a plug n play cable. However if you modded your pnc port, the best advice i can give you is to just get some fresh AA batteries to play with.

Itz CHARLEY

No blue lights dim because they suck alot of power. I think it was mentioned in a thread before that lights with blue color need more energy to make them give off more light. Does anyone know if a diode would do anything to combat this problem?

syncingandrew

i figured it out... its the fact that the controller is a cg controller and on cg controllers blue leds make the lights dim. So, its the amount of voltage the the leds and controllers take

Fredrow

Itz CHARLEY said:
No blue lights dim because they suck alot of power. I think it was mentioned in a thread before that lights with blue color need more energy to make them give off more light. Does anyone know if a diode would do anything to combat this problem?

Adding ANOTHER diode would just make the problem even worse.........

The only thing that is make the LEDs dim is the voltage. If you want bright LEDs all the time, then play with your PnC cable plugged into you Xbox 360, because then your controller is getting a constant 5V source, which means there is 5V being able to go to the LEDs... I have already proven this by doing test.....
And by playing with your PnC cable plugged in, your VIKING360 board will have a quicker/better response and will function better too....

Another way to cure this problem is to NEVER USE A RECHARGEABLE BATTERY PACK..... Go out and buy some re-chargeable AA batteries. You can get 4 batteries with a charger for $20.....

Another thing that is making the LEDs super dim is the power hog itself the Viking board...... But if you drop $20 on the rechargeable batteries or play with the PnC cable plugged in you will not have a problem......

I suggest to everyone that reads this DO NOT USE THE MICROSOFT RECHARGEABLE BATTERY PACKS......

modded matt

syncingandrew said:
i figured it out... its the fact that the controller is a cg controller and on cg controllers blue leds make the lights dim. So, its the amount of voltage the the leds and controllers take
has nothing to do with it being a CG controller sorry.

Itz CHARLEY

thats odd, fredrow. I installed an 8 pin to one of my CG2 controllers and it came with a diodde. they said it was to make the led brighter on old controllers(I think they meant matrix). Because I had a CG2 I didn't use it because they said the problem only affected old controllers.

Itz CHARLEY

A and the right thubstick click. Both of these are very important because they are used for teabagging and hopping like a bunny.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Fredrow said:
Itz CHARLEY said:

Adding ANOTHER diode would just make the problem even worse.........

The only thing that is make the LEDs dim is the voltage. If you want bright LEDs all the time, then play with your PnC cable plugged into you Xbox 360, because then your controller is getting a constant 5V source, which means there is 5V being able to go to the LEDs... I have already proven this by doing test.....
And by playing with your PnC cable plugged in, your VIKING360 board will have a quicker/better response and will function better too....

Another way to cure this problem is to NEVER USE A RECHARGEABLE BATTERY PACK..... Go out and buy some re-chargeable AA batteries. You can get 4 batteries with a charger for $20.....

Another thing that is making the LEDs super dim is the power hog itself the Viking board...... But if you drop $20 on the rechargeable batteries or play with the PnC cable plugged in you will not have a problem......

I suggest to everyone that reads this DO NOT USE THE MICROSOFT RECHARGEABLE BATTERY PACKS......
i use microsoft recharge packs....but i have RED LEDS....

Fredrow

syncingandrew said:
"If you have a CG controller (please check our guide in the tutorials section) then blue and UV will be dim (or hardly show up) on a wireless controller and other colors may also be slightly dimmer than maximum capacity. This is due to the lack of voltage at these points in the controller and has nothing to do with the leds."
http://www.niktronixonline.com/Articles.asp?ID=133

Dude you are wrong about this...... First off it has everything to do with the LEDs. Do you know how an LED works? The forward voltage is what turns an LED on. Also this lack of Voltage you are talking about only has to do with the batteries you are using. So like I said before if you want to have your LEDs be bright, then also play with your PnC cable plugged in. By doing this you are allowing a total of 5V to the contacts of the LEDs. The LED will determine how much voltage will go to these contacts.....

Itz CHARLEY said:
thats odd, fredrow. I installed an 8 pin to one of my CG2 controllers and it came with a diodde. they said it was to make the led brighter on old controllers(I think they meant matrix). Because I had a CG2 I didn't use it because they said the problem only affected old controllers.

No, the diode was used to stop the forward voltage for when the controller was turned off, (the matrix controllers that is)..... If you were to install that same chip into a Matrix controller with out the diodes and then turned off the controller and left the batteries in it, well the LEDs would stay on......