Mac Software?

Remmnever

Hey guys, I've been MIA for past several months handling some personal business but I am back again. I haven't kept up with new releases or anything regarding Viking360 so I wanted to see if a mac client for the viking360 macro controller software was released? Looking to get back into this with the release of Black Ops too and I wanted to get my controller all set up beforehand. I no longer have a windows pc and just have my macbook pro. What are my options or the easiest way to go about updating and configuring my macro controller?

Thanks

NYjetsNY1

Hey guys, I've been MIA for past several months handling some personal business but I am back again. I haven't kept up with new releases or anything regarding Viking360 so I wanted to see if a mac client for the viking360 macro controller software was released? Looking to get back into this with the release of Black Ops too and I wanted to get my controller all set up beforehand. I no longer have a windows pc and just have my macbook pro. What are my options or the easiest way to go about updating and configuring my macro controller?

Thanks

I've been MIA as well. Anyways, I'll spare you the boring stuff. The only way to successfully (100% success rate) connect your macro controller to the computer and then into the software is to use Boot Camp on the mac.

odingalt

Staff member
We're never ever releasing Viking Macro GUI for Mac.

Unless somebody wants to donate $20,000 - $30,000 for the cause. We just don't have enough Mac customers to justify dropping that much cash to convert the GUI over to MacOS. :-( Unfortunately nothing about Windows Visual Studio .NET converts nicely to Xcode for Mac. It would be a from-the-ground-up, line-by-line re-code of the Windows GUI.

NYjetsNY1

We're never ever releasing Viking Macro GUI for Mac.

Unless somebody wants to donate $20,000 - $30,000 for the cause. We just don't have enough Mac customers to justify dropping that much cash to convert the GUI over to MacOS. Unfortunately nothing about Windows Visual Studio .NET converts nicely to Xcode for Mac. It would be a from-the-ground-up, line-by-line re-code of the Windows GUI.

I tried converting the .exe to a .dmg. In fact I was able to install the viking software onto my mac. However - the software immediately crashes when opened, before even opening basically - for the reason that Windows Visual Studio .NET simply does not convert to Xcode for Mac. It would be a from-the-ground-up, line-by-line re-code of the Windows GUI is exactly right. No way I could ever even attempt that. Plus, even getting the software up and running, the controller just doesn't work with a mac. The HID Bootloader on the controller is made to go into windows as well.

odingalt

Staff member
Bad news for XBOX 360 macro controller owners, you are stuck on Windows PC, or stuck using things like BootCamp or VMWare and trying to get it to run that way on your Mac.

Good news for XBOX 720 macro owners, macro controller will be multi-operating system compatible! (I have a gimmick that should let us roll out our software easily to all operating systems -- Windows, Ios, Macos, and Android -- provided you have an internet connection)

Remmnever

That is good news for the 720. And I'm pretty sure vmware won't let the software properly either. Bootcamp is the only option for mac. I dont like boot camp so i think in just going to load the software on my gfs pc.

Last edited:

Remmnever

I sold my custom controller then bought a plain one then had Fredrow customize it into a gears of war 3 shell to match my console.. This all happened about a year ago I think. I just couldn't live without my macro controller lol.