Macro controller is damaged

I already opened a support ticket about this but I'm well posting this on the forums to see if anyone could help me out, My macro is basically F****** needs repairs and the warranty has expired.

Bought it recently last November 2013 for myself and this is the 2nd macro controller I got .
Worked great after the first couple weeks then it just kept on malfunctioning not turning on or off wouldn't even indicate if it was in Programming mode nor would the White LEDs turn on it was useless.

I was gonna send it off for the chip to be repaired but I got so mad that it wasn't working properly i throw it and broken the shell and other parts of the controller i just left it in the box didn't think a thought about it .
At the time I was going thru a rough patch in my life let's just say that wasn't the only thing I broke.

Would like it repaired but is it even possible.

JIM WALKER

I already opened a support ticket about this but I'm well posting this on the forums to see if anyone could help me out, My macro is basically F****** needs repairs and the warranty has expired.

Bought it recently last November 2013 for myself and this is the 2nd macro controller I got .
Worked great after the first couple weeks then it just kept on malfunctioning not turning on or off wouldn't even indicate if it was in Programming mode nor would the White LEDs turn on it was useless.

I was gonna send it off for the chip to be repaired but I got so mad that it wasn't working properly i throw it and broken the shell and other parts of the controller i just left it in the box didn't think a thought about it .
At the time I was going thru a rough patch in my life let's just say that wasn't the only thing I broke.

Would like it repaired but is it even possible.

Suggest you have a word with "modded matt", he is "proper good" at such things, he may be able to sort you out, send him a PM with a pic, he at least will be able to say yea or nay, and of course, how much ....

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
Its plausible that it may still be salvageable. It depends on if the chip and led flex board was not damage. Also the controller itself may be salvaged as long as no components broke during the throw!

Post some pics of the controller. If u have a torx T8 security screwdriver separate the broken shell from the controller and show us the controller guts and macro chip. It could be as simple as buying a new controller shell.

Pictures are worth more than a thousand words! Detail pics can be the determination of salvageable or scrap!

Last edited:

JIM WALKER

Can't upload a pic the file is too large apparently.

Use your windows to change its size.
Use photo gallery, double click the image, select edit, double click the image again, now select properties and resize from the drop down menu, select custom in the options box, change max dimensions to 350, it will now be small enough to post ....

JIM WALKER

wow !!!! You really did do a rage job on it didn't you .... but as nerdy said, it depends on the internal component's being ok, the shell is the easiest part to replace, and as I suggested, give modded matt a shout ....

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

Hard to tell from the photo but it may need a Left trigger component swap and possible left bumper damage. All can be replaced real quick with a desoldering pump and parts. Obvious the shell is wrecked. I can't distinguish any further damage besides what I can see in the picture. I'm sure all could be replaced.

If viking or Matt does not want to take care of it for a price I"all provide u a quote for my services if that serves u as a last resort option. So u know I Dont ever do this. I can tell u that I'm more than capable of restoring g that controller as long as the macro chip as a whole is in damaged!

JIM WALKER

Nice offer Brian, you certainly are more than capable, your new builds are amazing so a repair is no problem for you .

SinneR, suggest you take Brian up on his offer .....

Busy uploading a quick vid on YouTube.

Gonna show you guys how badly damaged my Macro controller is :(

I'll post a link when done.

Nice offer Brian, you certainly are more than capable, your new builds are amazing so a repair is no problem for you .

SinneR, suggest you take Brian up on his offer .....

Thanks for your thought again Jim, I'm already talking with Matt about my Macro at the moment.

But yeah I'll keep my options open mate.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

You can count on Matt doing it rite! Here is mine he done for me....
Hands down most technology superior 360 controller ANYWHERE! One of a kind there and I mean only one in the world one of a kind. Im still envious!

I'm wanting to re pimp out my 360 macro just Dont know what I have in mind for it yet. I'm still hung up if I should trade in my other macro. I've seriously only used it like six times. It has about 6 hrs of play logged into it. I really need a berserker but I think I'll pay the whole shebang for it! I'd buy one right now bit I'm going to California on the 31st of this month. # Disneyland/universal studios!

I know I've been saying g this for so long but I just need to get one. Moneys just so tight for me right now!

On a side note Jim I think u should join acidmods! Your painting skills and art/theme work is hands down the sickest I've seen! You got real skill and with a decline of members in acidmods I think u would be a perfect canadite for the art & theme team which is almost non existing now! I'm sure others would really like to see your caliber of art work.