Macro Controller useless

Cryptic Effect

I've been having an issue where my leds won't light up and the last time it connected and allowed me to program macros was 2 days ago I have owned my controller for a year now today and is no longer under warranty and was wondering how much would it cost to get it repaired because I was working on creating macros for all the trials in street fighter 4 and finished Ryu and Ken, and was also working on chun li. The left tac switch also won't work because it got jammed and I thought it was gunked up and tried to clean it and now it's stuck inside the shell and the left thumb stick has an intense drifting problem and I've absolutely loved this controller because of its features, I have mainly used it for combo challenges in mvc3,umvc3, sf4, and ssf4.

Last edited:

Cryptic Effect

Yea, but unfortunately they are out of stock so that's not an option.
How do I go about creating a support ticket because I know my account info that I purchased the controller with.

Last edited:

modded matt

You can send it to me, I will check it out, if I feel there is nothing wrong with the chip, I can install it in a new controller. My fee would be $50 plus shipping and the cost of the new controller. But I would need to look over your chip before I can tell you for sure if its repairable or not.

Generally the only thing I cannot fix is the stick drift problems.

Cryptic Effect

Well even that's ok because I only need the macros to function because at least I can finish creating the macros for street fighter 4 and use a basic controller for every thing else.

How would I send it to you? Because this is the only issue I have had and it is the only product I have purchased but I have been absolutely happy with it up until now.

Last edited:

Sushi

just a heads up Crptic, a lot of the macros for Super Street Fighter IV that are on the site work for Street Fighter IV but are in a different order. There are a few that aren't, but that aren't really a problem, except for C.Vipers 3rd trial, which is bloody annoying, but can be done if you pause just right, there should be a video online.

bonefisher

Well even that's ok because I only need the macros to function because at least I can finish creating the macros for street fighter 4 and use a basic controller for every thing else.

How would I send it to you? Because this is the only issue I have had and it is the only product I have purchased but I have been absolutely happy with it up until now.
I can vouch for Matt doing A++ work! He is talking about taking your chip out of the controller that you have and putting it in a new controller if your chip is working rite! Changing out the sticks can lead up to a fine mess! I surely know that well after breaking three of my controllers! That is why your better putting it in a new one and leaving it up to the pros (Matt)!

Cryptic Effect

like I said that's all fine I just need to know where to ship it but of course I'm going to have to wait until I get paid again but I trust him because I have no Idea what's going on when it comes to this controller and I paid $290 for it, so the last thing I want to do is break it more. I also hope it's repairable because if it's not I wont even be able to buy another because it's out of stock.

Last edited:

DYNAMITE

Well it's a good thing I used my head and joined up on here to read up on these controllers before purchasing one myself! (buttons getting stuck)

For the $ price I would rather have some better buttons that don't stick in a year. (regular buttons) X,Y,B,A? Does anyone here know if they could use the normal stock buttons instead of those little ones?

bonefisher

Well it's a good thing I used my head and joined up on here to read up on these controllers before purchasing one myself! (buttons getting stuck)

For the $ price I would rather have some better buttons that don't stick in a year. (regular buttons) X,Y,B,A? Does anyone here know if they could use the normal stock buttons instead of those little ones?
You can do all the reading you want but I have many of these controllers and you will not find anything better and never had a button problem! They just use the tac buttons but if you ask Matt he mite build you a custom one how you like....

DYNAMITE

Now that's an idea... He would have to use a bigger drill bit and just add some spare A or B stock buttons instead. Now you got me really thinking because... I'm not shopping around for one of these rapid fire deals for Call of Duty... but rather I want a custom controller for playing Ultra Street Fighter 4. (fighting games?)
I wonder if there's someway to add two extra face buttons right under A & B on a diagonal angle to substitute the "Left Trigger & Left Bumper"?
The reason I would love this... is I find it hard to use the left buttons while using my left hand to execute the analog inputs. I bought a fightstick for $200 and just don't like it and prefer the controller over it.

DYNAMITE

I apologize if that's a silly question.... my gut feeling is no because of the placement on the controller board?

odingalt

Staff member
It would make the already expensive macro increase to an outrageous price. (I usually give the same answer for most "can you do this" questions). The answer to most "can you do this" questions is yes, yes you can. You can do all sorts of awesome custom mods to these controllers, they are pretty moddable :). However if you want to get it done affordably your best bet is to do it yourself or find a guy in his garage or a kid in his parents' basement with lots of time on their hands that does't care about the money.

Unfortunately we're for-profit; it would get very, very expensive to have one of my techs work full time on a controller project like this. You can always look up a guy like Modded Matt and hope he's bored and looking for a project, he'll be the first one to tell you he never gets reimbursed enough to cover the hours he spends building one of a kind mods, he just does it for the love of the game :)

DYNAMITE

It would make the already expensive macro increase to an outrageous price. (I usually give the same answer for most "can you do this" questions). The answer to most "can you do this" questions is yes, yes you can. You can do all sorts of awesome custom mods to these controllers, they are pretty moddable :). However if you want to get it done affordably your best bet is to do it yourself or find a guy in his garage or a kid in his parents' basement with lots of time on their hands that does't care about the money.

Unfortunately we're for-profit; it would get very, very expensive to have one of my techs work full time on a controller project like this. You can always look up a guy like Modded Matt and hope he's bored and looking for a project, he'll be the first one to tell you he never gets reimbursed enough to cover the hours he spends building one of a kind mods, he just does it for the love of the game :)
Yeah...I understand what you mean. It's not business as usual, and it's an odd ball request. There's some Hori turbo controller that has the six face buttons on it that came out four years ago....but the one guy selling it on Ebay wants 4 bills, not to mention that's not a moddable macro controller for you guys either.
I guess I will have to do some more brainstorming on making this a reality. If we're talking $349 for the extra time on it... that's would be top end on it, but doable. I would just hope it's not some guinny pig experiment that may have big issues down the road? I'll try to research if I'm the only one on the internet trying to accomplish this and see if it's something I could do myself first.
Thank You for the reply... :confused:

modded matt

Criptic, feel free to pm me and we can work out your repair.

Dynamite, I can do anything you want. my macro has all the buttons on the top of the shell. (one above each of the start and back button, the others near abxy as you mentioned here. That is the easy part..... Getting your hands on the Viking Macro chip is a whole other story.

DYNAMITE

Criptic, feel free to pm me and we can work out your repair.

Dynamite, I can do anything you want. my macro has all the buttons on the top of the shell. (one above each of the start and back button, the others near abxy as you mentioned here. That is the easy part..... Getting your hands on the Viking Macro chip is a whole other story.
Matt,
Sounds good! I sent you a private conversation message regarding details... and we can go from there.
Thanks,

odingalt

Staff member
Yup Matt has plenty of experience modding and plenty of experience with Viking mods.

DYNAMITE

dont forget this part of my post:
Welp... Why not skip the chip for now... and just substitute Left Trigger & Left Bumber for those standard two reg buttons under B & A for now... and if it rocks, I could send it back for macro chip upgrade at a later date for additional service? That alone would really help my game fair & square. Don't get me wrong though... if I could program a tack button to do my Ultras in one press... I could FADC, "focus attack dash cancel" into it flawlessly every time without whiffin'.... that would be killer!:) It's too bad that the right analog stick is cramping all that possible space for em'! I would rather have those buttons in that vicinity but that's not possible so under A & B should do the trick if placed nicely. I could draw a diagram layout where they could be placed?

It does have to be a wireless controller correct if I wanted the chip right? (thought I read that somewhere?) Better connection with corded one.
My Xbox One controller could use this too for Killer Instinct if all is well perhaps. If this is something that you want to do... let me know.
Thanks,