Macros to be stopped?

NYjetsNY1

Can you make it so, if you want to cancel a macro midway, that you can? I don't know how to do that at this point, thanks.

odingalt

Staff member
Hmmm no way to do that right now (once you initiate the macro it's gonna play through), looks like software v0.90 or v1.00 feature we should add when we also add the other handlers (we want more options when you assign a macro, as far as what happens if you tap/hold that particular macro button)

odingalt

Staff member
You're a genius. Yes, switching to another page will kill the macro immediately. When you change pages the modchip basically stops everything it's doing, resets everything, reads in your preferences from the next page and changes LED colors.

NYjetsNY1

thanks man thats really helpful, but still add the option for when you let go, to stop, or keep playing forever, with only a page change to stop... idk something like that or along those lines

odingalt

Staff member
Am working on the details with the windows developer now, we will add this feature right after we add the color selection tool to the page buttons.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Something kinda related to this is jitter. What if you set it up so it jitters if left trigger isn't pulled? Then you can ADS witho out a problem on your FAL, and if someone gets too close just hit only the right trigger to jitter spray them. Or if you switched to a shotgun you'd automatically hae jitter if you didn't ADS.

odingalt

Staff member
Jitter if left trigger isn't pulled...

Sorry the macro software is set up to play your macros when you press buttons, not when you don't press them. :?:

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Obviously lol... I mean, if you are pulling left trigger, and then you pull right trigger (so you're holding both triggers) it will rapidfire. If you pull just the right trigger, it jitters.

odingalt

Staff member
It's really all set up to use the tac switches to toggle modes on and off or to go through pages. Ya gotta turn the stuff on and off manually.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
That's a shame... You had said tac's could be used as "shift" keys. If you enabled that on buttons too this would work.

v360Reflex

i hope you can! also cant wait till you can Allow you to use the tac switches like the old legacy rapidfire controllers (‘scroll’ through different rapidfire modes).

odingalt

Staff member
PS3andCOD said:
That's a shame... You had said tac's could be used as "shift" keys. If you enabled that on buttons too this would work.

Yes it can, for rapidfire. That's exactly what I said. You can set up rapidfire on a shift key. You can.

I did not say you can set up jittermod as a shift key. Jitter mod is running the x, y buttons as well as the trigger. So no, you can't set up jitter mod on a shift key.

odingalt

Staff member
v360Reflex said:
i hope you can! also cant wait till you can Allow you to use the tac switches like the old legacy rapidfire controllers (‘scroll’ through different rapidfire modes).

You can do that right now. It's called pages. You can scroll through pages. You can do this 10x faster than scrolling through modes. As soon as you tap the tac switch, bam, you're on the next page with your settings. You guys need to get used to the idea of pages because this is 10x better and 10x faster than modes.

I know you're all scared of change, but you need to give this stuff a try.

v360Reflex

OD i know im just saying if Pages and modes were combined they be Great which im assuming this is going to happen because i saw this on the Viking Software Page. cant wait till these two are combined.!

odingalt

Staff member
NYjetsNY1 said:
odin your 100 percent correct about your pages feelings, but we really need the 16 pages.

I definitely agree with that 5 pages means you're stuck with 5 modes, I am testing the 16-page version right now, ditto on the version of software that allows page color selection. Everything seems to be working good, I'm holding out until I can also release a better power management firmware at the same time.

NYjetsNY1

also odin, can you make it so we can start on whatever page we want? Lets say i start on page 8, that means i can go 8 to the left / 8 to the right so that would be nice too