Massive Tip For Trials In Fighting Games

Nightwolf

Most fighting games now have trials, that start easy and get harder, most of us can pull off the early ones, and the first few hits of the harder ones, but remembering all those moves just adds to the pain. Using timeline editor (and I dont want to sound ungrateful here) is just so random, and unless you have time to edit, experiment, its pretty useless, unless your someone who knows it inside out, like KG for example who rocked the SSF4 macros. Timeline editor works 100% dont get me wrong, but it does feel more advanced user friendly, and things need to be setup right. All that plugging in / unplugging of the controller can not be healthy for it.

I have edited macros for hours on end, and got nowhere, it took me 5 hours to complete 1 trial in SF4 last week. For a £250 controller, this was embarrasing, I either learn timeline editor, which I really struggle with. Or find an alternative, well its not brilliant, and certainly not practical, but I found a method thats helping me fly through MVC3, and yes, even the hard trials!!

Recording macro feature is your friend, assign it. The method is simple. Learn the first half of a combo, usually the easiest part, and once you think you can do it (forget second half), hit record and do the first half of the move again, dont worry about pushing "stop record" fast, there is no rush, just do the half combo, then stop recording. Test your recording, 9 times out of 10, it will playback exactly what you did. All you need to do now is remember the second half of the combo, once happy with it, hit play macros, then link the second half in, this way you only need to remember the end of a combo, and most of the time you will nail it!! This method is better for SF4, SSF4, MKvsDC and SF3. Problem with MVC3 is the combos are a bit longer than the average trial, but breaking it up makes it easy, plus MVC3 is easier than SF, you have lots of room for error.

garnet2k11

i was curious about your other posts when you post all the numbers like 29, 25, 19, 23, 21, etc etc. Are those your speed settings your using with the Speed multipler on the editor ??

I've never played any street fighter games in my life before besides the ones for the Super Nintendo back in the 1990's. So i have no idea what your talking about except just Street Fighter 4, and so on for 360...but what are those numbers you kept mentioning though, about all the different 20's. I was just wondering.

Wanderer

I definitely like your idea of getting the combos started by using the record feature. Then you could take it to your computer and finish out the combos in the timeline editor. I understand that you have issues with it, but I think the hardest thing to do is trying to figure out how to get it started in the timeline.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
I definitely like your idea of getting the combos started by using the record feature. Then you could take it to your computer and finish out the combos in the timeline editor. I understand that you have issues with it, but I think the hardest thing to do is trying to figure out how to get it started in the timeline.

I actually think its the opposite, the way I start majority of my macros is in the timeline. As long as you get the hang of the software you will be able to just start on the computer and flash back whenever you want to test instead of importing and exporting constantly. Just visually make a picture of your fingers on the buttons when performing that specific combo then put it on the software. I hope you can enjoy the software as much as I have with the fighting games you want!