MS Elite controller with Berserker inside?

Daunting

That's amazing to hear.. Not to sound pessimistic or anything but.. Did anyone see the new Xbox one elite controller today at e3.... What does this mean for viking :( sorry to hijack the thread jim, just a huge concern in my opinion...

wow! they really went all out on the new controller. Sorry Jim! Thats great to hear but look at vid.

Hope he had patent the remapper and blades before xbox.

Feel free to sound pessimistic. What are the odds that Microsoft announces the Elite only 12 hours after the Viking Pro Remap goes on sale?

It doesn't affect anything with regards to the Berserker controller (except requiring a $25,000 expense to redesign and retool for yet another new modchip redesign and retooling).

I'm open for discussion on what Viking should work on next. The Elite just killed all my plans for the next six months. I had already prototyped some user adjustable joysticks, and wasted my time since January working on Viking's interchangeable paddle switches. They basically crammed a fuckload of awesomeness into one controller with the Elite.

Seems Viking would just double down on the Berserker at this point? Does a Berserker mod stuffed into an Elite controller sound appealing?

Also my patent won't go through for another 24 months and frankly doesn't directly cover what Microsoft made. And to be more frank, my patent was to fend off any Scuf lawsuits (defensive move, the patent was never intended to be used to go on the offensive) and to protect my company from other mod shops.

Once a big player like Microsoft steps in, all beta are off. Their legal team is huge and expensive :).

Ours can coexist with Microsoft's legally but I assume people are going to be waiting in line to pick up the Elite.

Hope he can put the mod chip in it.

Odin! I'm still a true blue Viking....Where's my new Berserker with blades?

Hopefully crossing my fingers when you open the Elite controller up that you will find someway not to have to spend any money on a new modchip.

What a kick in the teeth. Anyway was just checking out your diy remapper and man that's some sick work right there! Really like the rainbow led! I still fell your setup will feel more comfortable and versital.

We will see but I don't think that the paddles they have will be a tactical feel like the blades. Which I like tactical feel! Two does the sticks really going to work like they should? Most likely went cheap once again so you'll have to buy another one after a year. Three really don't need hair triggers we can build rapid fires. Even though on my hybrid macro controller it does work nice along with the rapid fire. Then the rest of the story is plus for Viking..........Berserker BABY! Chew on that Elite Controller.

I'm still waiting on the new berserker too, I prefer to support a small company that is trying very hard to make what we wan't.

I have supported viking since day one of the 360 macro & hated to do the trade up program but i needed the extra money to help buy the new berserker.

Yeah of course still support Viking been with em' since 2008? Idk. I would love to see a Berserker chip inside the Xbox elite controller!!

Thanks for the kind words guys. After a long day of chit-chatting with my partner about what we think will happen, this won't be that big of a deal. Some things will change, some things will stay the same. There are some negatives but there are also some opportunities. We'll still be hammering away a year from now.

Is there any chance you will be adding Berserker features to the new controller this fall?

http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/15/8...e-elite-wireless-controller-announced-e3-2015

Seems Viking would just double down on the Berserker at this point? Does a Berserker mod stuffed into an Elite controller sound appealing?
Yes! Microsoft already did all the hard work for you. Stick with Berserker and make the Elite even more elite!

Does a Berserker mod stuffed into an Elite controller sound appealing?

FUCK YES!

Really sorry to see your hard work on a potentially great product get flushed down the pan.

Here's a suggestion; add functionality (properly i.e. the Viking way) to the Elite controller that you know Microsoft won't implement i.e. the macro functionality of the berserker (they've openly stated that they have no interest in anything other than a competitition legal product, can't remember where I've read that), rainbow guide button etc., and piggy back on the features that they've embedded into the design for you, namely the paddles and hair triggers. A lot less labor intensive than adding your own.
Then buy the controllers in bulk to increase your margin and you'll be sweet!

Suck it up man!

We will just have to wait and see! Til Viking opens one up to see what they can do.... I looked into this and they also made the regular one with the 3.5 jack in it but no real changes. The Elite controller you will have to buy all by itself. It doesn't come with there new 1TB console.

Unfortunately, just the opposite is true. It will actually be more difficult, more labor intensive, and more expensive to adapt the Berserker to the new Elite controller. As compared to the Berserker we are offering now.

If Berserker is $249 based on a $59 stock controller, the new Berserker ends up at least $339+ based on a $149 Elite controller.

This does not account for the $20,000-$30,000 cost of retooling for a new solderless socket, the costs associated with redesigning and setting up production for a new modchip, nor the increased labor on installation when having to "work around" all the extra existing mods that are stuffed into a stock Elite.

We will definitely look into this. We will have to wait to open up an actual Elite controller to see. But it's quiet possible that it ends up being a $399+ at which point we won't be able to sell enough to break even.

Also our discount at wholesale on the elite will only be about $10. I.e. wholesale discount on a console is about that much. Distributors don't give very good pricing to buyers unless you are a big boy like Newegg, Best Buy or Walmart. Also, quiet often our distributors pre-allocate all the inventory for bigger buyers, telling us that they are out of stock.

I have had to purchase our ps3 and ps4 controllers out of China for the past two years because of this. Cost to us for ps4 right now is about $55-$57 after shipping and duties so we don't save much.

Last edited by a moderator:

odingalt

Staff member
OMG... do not ever use the "merge threads" feature of XenForo bulletin board software!!!!

It literally merges all the posts together! And is un-doable! I apologize in advanced to you guys for wiping out your posts. Feel free to re-post!!!!

JIM WALKER

Ha Ha, I actually like the "merge" effect on this occasion, it has created a sort of a smorgasbord of the original multi posts, easier to read, and it doesn't matter who wrote what really.

noonoo390

omg this controller is sick if i could get this modded with viking360 that would be great now i know its too expensive to buy a bunch of these controllers and mod them to sell , but if u do it on an order by order request meaning only if somebody want this controller specifically then u buy it this would be sick . also most of the work is dome for you now that they have their own paddles you dnt have to make your own for this type of controller . just wondering if you guys at viking have seen this controller and what u think is it a competitor or would u be willing to sell these modded out