my DIY duo

modded matt

DSCF2024.jpg

DSCF2025.jpg

DSCF2036.jpg

DSCF2037.jpg

nothing fits here, LOL if you like the placement of the tact switches, as I do, think again it was a bit of work to make them fit there, I had to shave the controller shell and the switch itself to make it fit. I also had to shave some of the high side of the controller shell, as I dont like forcing things closed.
I also found if you alter gameroms pics to display the board in the actual mounting position on the controller it helps
Untitled.jpg

larry567

ok thats good, i would like to also make mine like tht mini usb above where u put ur mic in how would i do tht

odingalt

Staff member
No actually it doesn't come with wire any more. I figured anyone bold enough to do the mod will have some 30 awg sitting around.

Blackburn

odingalt said:
No actually it doesn't come with wire any more. I figured anyone bold enough to do the mod will have some 30 awg sitting around.
ah well i figured they still did.. my mistake :?

Itz CHARLEY

modded matt said:
here is my newest modded controller. I did this for a kid who has a phyisical handicap which limits his motion in his right hand. it is still going to be hard for him to reach the x button, but thats not critical in FPS. I am transplanting one of my viking chips into it this weekend. http://www.acidmods.com/RAND/upload/fil ... G_3077.JPG
Just wondering, how did you make the shell like that, and did you move the circuit board around in some way?

modded matt

this is a mod that I cant teach, sorry. not because its something I am hording for my self, but it just goes so beyond the everyday rapid fire, and requiers more than just electrical knowledge, precice measuring, cutting, and body work are a must. I have seen a few others do this and have it crack away after use, my filler will never crack, the key to that is, its not the body filler that is holding it together, the filler is a very thin coat, its the epoxy inside the controller that is holding the reformed shell together. I did make a work log with some pics along the way it can be found here: http://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php ... 894.0.html this is a mod you have visualize, plan and do. there is no tut. I would be glad to answer questions if need be.

obo

Matt, I honestly find it amazing that you take the time to do these sorts of things for people with disabilities. I just wanted to let you know that i think what you're doing is great, and that i find it even more respectable that you're not charging these people an arm and a leg for modified gear. I know ben heck for example charges people rediculous amounts of money for modifications he does. However those people probobly dont have disabilities, so i guess its sort of justified.

Once again, great job.

Itz CHARLEY

modded matt said:
this is a mod that I cant teach, sorry. not because its something I am hording for my self, but it just goes so beyond the everyday rapid fire, and requiers more than just electrical knowledge, precice measuring, cutting, and body work are a must. I have seen a few others do this and have it crack away after use, my filler will never crack, the key to that is, its not the body filler that is holding it together, the filler is a very thin coat, its the epoxy inside the controller that is holding the reformed shell together. I did make a work log with some pics along the way it can be found here: http://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php ... 894.0.html this is a mod you have visualize, plan and do. there is no tut. I would be glad to answer questions if need be.
ah yeah i wasnt planning on doing that myself but the curiosity was killing me :mrgreen: . anyway really cool how you completely switched the right analog over the buttons and had wires going from the original buttons to where you moved them. and I cant even tell you had broken the shell to begin with. nice.

modded matt

my wife, belive it or not has a similar disability. so I kinda feel compelled to help. she is probably better at MW2 than I lol. I will have roughly 30-40 hrs in this controller when it is all finished, plus the viking which I bought a year ago I think it was $25 then..dont quote me, but it was quite a bit cheaper then it is now. and roughly $25 in other misc supplies. based on my sallery and the $50 in parts this is an $800 controller. LOL but its not about the money as I stated before. I just hope when I am done this kid can properly enjoy the games we all play and love. thanks for you intrest, but no donations please.

thejld

Ok nice controller matt. But i hav one question about the install. U see i recieved a mini usb port. Do u just plug the usb port into the actual chip, bc there was the little 4 plug thingy on the chip already, do i just plug it in to there? can u giv me some instrucs on this/ thx.

a42ozslushie

Mat,

I am quite amazed at your contribution to the disabled. I hope your contributions will thrive to the community, I am speechless; great job.

modded matt

thejld said:
Ok nice controller matt. But i hav one question about the install. U see i recieved a mini usb port. Do u just plug the usb port into the actual chip, bc there was the little 4 plug thingy on the chip already, do i just plug it in to there? can u giv me some instrucs on this/ thx.

this is a thread to show off controllers, you should be asking in tech support for the moderators of this forum to give the official answer. After decyphering your question, I will try:

When I purchased the viking chip it was june/july 2009 at that time, the viking used a seperate usb key for programming. the viking chip had a THREE prong header the DIY kit came with a adapter that conected to the three pin header with a usb port on the other end of it. I think the chip has been redesigned since to not use this feature, but to utilize another means of programing IE: audio jack, or play and charge. It is a fairly easy task to hardwire the usb port directly to the chip to avoid this extra part. I just have yet to do so. LOL I have so many projects inthe works, I do tests and reviews of everything I can get my hands on, and dont really use rapid fire alot. so it dont bother me much as I rarely use that controller. I tyipically play with a vergin controller. the best thing I liked about viking was the sniper/hold breath mode. I have a pile of controllers, that I mod test and never touch again. lol