My New Sleeper Project... (WIP)

Well i've been trying to figure out a way to make a true sleeper and heres a few of the 1st pics. Not 100% its gonna work but im going to give it a hell of a shot.

I do not use the play and charge port on the controller since i have 6 rechargeable batteries and 3 chargers, so i've decided to try to disable the play and charge port and use it for programing.

CG BOTTOM
P1020108.jpg

USED FIBERGLASS BRUSH TO CLEAN THE AREA AROUND THE PnC SOLDER CONNECTIONS SO IT WOULD BE EASIER TO FIND ALL THE TRACES
P1020107.jpg

CUT THE TRACES AT THE RED LINES
CUTTRACES.jpg

TRACES CUT AND TESTED WITH A CONTINUITY TESTER TO ENSURE THE TRACE WAS FULLY CUT
P1020111.jpg

PnC USB Connector
NOTE: YOU DONT NEED TO CLEAN THE BACK OF THE PCB THE WAY I DID, I ONLY DID IT SINCE IT WAS THE 1ST ONE I WANTED TO LEARN THE TRACES. ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS REMOVE ALL SMT CHIPS, RESISTORS, ETC... THEN CUT THE RED WIRE SINCE WE PROGRAM WITH CONTROLLER POWER (SAME AS CUTTING THE PIN FROM PIN HEADER IF YOU GOT ONE WITH 4 PINS), AND IF YOU WANT THE LED TO BE SOLID RED WHEN IN PROGRAMING MODE AND FLASHING RED WHEN PROGRAMING JUST ADD THE RED AND BLACK WIRES AS SHOWN. THE ONLY 3 THINGS LEFT ON THE PNC PCB ARE THE WHITE CONNECTOR FOR USB WIRES, GRAY PnC CONNECTOR, and the LEDS. ONCE EVERYTHING IS REMOVED YOU DONT SOLDER ANYTHING UNLESS YOU WANT THE LED TO WORK THEN ADD THE 2 WIRES MENTIONED ABOVE. SINCE I EXPOSED ALL TRACES ON THE BACK OF THE PCB I COVERED IT WITH BLACK ELECTRICAL TAPE.

P1020115.jpg

P1020116.jpg

P1020117.jpg

P1020118.jpg

ADDING THE 2 WIRES NEEDED FOR PnC PROGRAMING

PNCPROGRAMING.jpg

PNCPROGRAMING1.jpg

this is not a easy mod, messing with the internal pcb of the PnC usb cable, going to take longer than i thought. hope for some pics of the inside of the PnC usb cable tomorrow.

project coming along nice, i removed the chip and all smt resistors from the PnC pcb and plugged it in to controller and used my continuity tester to test continuity from the usb plug to the controller pcb. everything working perfect. now to disable the +v wire from the PnC pcb since its not needed.

ill post some more pics soon as i verify it works for programing.

Confirmed Working For Programing, and i have the PnC led wired for solid when in programing mode and flashes when its programing.

to have the led be on (solid) when in programing mode and flash when programing connect thr DATA+ to the positive side of led and GND to the negative side.

All you need to do is a regular sleeper or duo install and install the 2 wires listed above (White = DATA- & Green = DATA+)

I have no interest in wiring another sleeper unless i can sell 1 or 2 max so i can get the spare cash for a HDMI capture card to make some good videos using the mod.

if you install yourself and have questions just post and ill try my best to answer.

Fredrow

I like that a lot.... I was also thinking about something like this but using the headphone jack......

Blackburn

you could have just left the V+ wire attached in the PnC if your using a duo setup, that way you can still charge using the PnC cable like I do. :mrgreen: