Need instructions for sending controller in to be fixed.

Zemnore

I've already discussed this several times with a mod or something on here butttttt.... all my messages got deleted. It's a thors hammer. Got it back in june of 2010. I'm guessing it had errors from the beggining because i haven't tampered with it at all. Though the Button on the middle has like a scratch or something. I just need to know where to send it in and stuff like that. If you guys need to hear full problem i'll tell you.

odingalt

Staff member
I didn't delete any of your messages. Maybe you just can't find your old post? - maybe you posted it in the wrong category and a moderator moved your post to the correct category? I don't see any reason why somebody would delete your posts, it sounds like you are being paranoid.

We don't service legacy controllers - but Fredrow at http://eastseattleelectronics.com might be able to help you out. He can give you a better service rate, our standard repair charge is $75, but could go higher depending on what's wrong. We have a lot of overhead (employees, state payroll tax, federal payroll tax, 15% additional self-employment tax, health care, shop rent, WA state use tax, blah blah blah) that Fredrow doesn't have to deal with because he is flying solo. He's always going to have a better rate for repair work.

I'd be more than happy to expound on why our standard out-of-warranty repair rate is $75 if anyone thinks this is unreasonable.

Zemnore

I didn't delete any of your messages. Maybe you just can't find your old post? - maybe you posted it in the wrong category and a moderator moved your post to the correct category? I don't see any reason why somebody would delete your posts, it sounds like you are being paranoid.

We don't service legacy controllers - but Fredrow at http://eastseattleelectronics.com might be able to help you out. He can give you a better service rate, our standard repair charge is $75, but could go higher depending on what's wrong. We have a lot of overhead (employees, state payroll tax, federal payroll tax, 15% additional self-employment tax, health care, shop rent, WA state use tax, blah blah blah) that Fredrow doesn't have to deal with because he is flying solo. He's always going to have a better rate for repair work.

I'd be more than happy to expound on why our standard out-of-warranty repair rate is $75 if anyone thinks this is unreasonable.

They were pm's. Not a post on a forum or nothing like that. WHYYYY SHOULD I PAY FOR SOMETHING THAT WAZ YOUR FAULT. and to NY jets i bought it from here. (viking360website)

NYjetsNY1

They were pm's. Not a post on a forum or nothing like that. WHYYYY SHOULD I PAY FOR SOMETHING THAT WAZ YOUR FAULT. and to NY jets i bought it from here. (viking360website)

Well, seeing as though your controller is out of the three month warranty, we can fix it for a price.

If you returned it within 3 months, we'd have fixed it for free. Now we can repair it for a price.

Are you also implying that your controller not working a year later is our fault? Based on what you said: "Though the Button on the middle has like a scratch or something."

Are you implying that we at viking360, went into your house and scratched your controller? Otherwise, how else can this be our fault?

At any rate, we'd be happy to fix it, more than happy, for $75. That's the cost of fixing it out-of-warranty.

Zemnore

Well, seeing as though your controller is out of the three month warranty, we can fix it for a price.

If you returned it within 3 months, we'd have fixed it for free. Now we can repair it for a price.

Are you also implying that your controller not working a year later is our fault? Based on what you said: "Though the Button on the middle has like a scratch or something."

Are you implying that we at viking360, went into your house and scratched your controller? Otherwise, how else can this be our fault?

At any rate, we'd be happy to fix it, more than happy, for $75. That's the cost of fixing it out-of-warranty.
a

The scratch is purely cosmetic and isn't even bad. I just mentioned that because i've read that you had a mark in the controller to show if anyone has been tampering with it thinking that maybe you guys might get confused or something. It's defective in the way as i mentioned before to someone i pmed (don't remember who) that it doesn't read HEX's created with the hex editor. It works with the ones you guys made pre-set (button code, mw2,cod 4, etc.) from the legacy driver download page under thors hammer, itjust doesn't work with the new ones you gotta make by yourself with pretty much renders the controller pointless. I can't use dropshot sniper mode rapid fire for any of the newer games. I've made several posts about this with no solution except to send it in because it could be a wiring problem. I haven't had the time to send it in but now i do and now you guys are telling me i gotta pay? I've had this problem from the beggining and didn't worry about it because i thought you guys had a fix and MW2 was still popular and i didn't need to do any of that custom crap.

odingalt

Staff member
The controller is 18 months old. In controller life, this is a very old controller. Here are the things we worry about:

Did the customer tamper with the mod by opening it? If so, how much damage was caused to the modchip wiring? Was there any damage that cannot be fixed without replacing the entire gamepad?
How filthy is the controller? We've found everything inside controller, up to and including MAGGOTS. Cleaning a controller that is disgusting inside is not free.
Is the controller worn out from regular game play? Bumpers? Joysticks? How many parts will need to be replaced to return the controller to as close to 100% condition as possible?
Did Viking360 actually install this controller, or did the customer purchase it from a third-party, such as RapidControllers, East Seattle Controllers? Did the custom buy it off Craigslist from an unreliable source?
If the controller is not a Viking360 original, we will not service the controller, period.

All of these questions have to be answered when we process a return that is 18 months old. I'm sure you can understand our position. In many cases, we've had "Customers" trying to pull some sort of a scam. Quiet often, they have had a friend try a DIY chip install, fail trying the install, then they try to mail the controller into us, claiming that it is a Viking360 original and that it is our fault.

We simply can't and won't quote work before we get to see the controller. We are honest with you up front that our basic repair fee is $75 but can go higher depending on damage, filth, wear n' tear, and of course whether or not this controller is even a Viking original. As I stated before, you can and will get a better labor rate from Frewdrow with http://eastseattleelectronics.com. We'd be happy to have you mail the controller in for an evaluation and a quote for the work.

If your goal is to get a free repair, I'm sorry, but that is just not going to happen. No amount of arguing is going to change our out-of-warranty repair policy. If you were truly aware of this problem within the first three months, then you should have mailed it back in, instead of waiting 18 months or more to return the product. Trying to manipulate the facts or argue with our moderators here in the forums is not going to result in a free repair. It makes us just want to refuse doing any work for you, in fear that no matter what we do, you'll try to dispute the credit card charge after we charge you actual time n' expense if we do repair the mod.

We've had customers like you before - the kind who come into the forums to start an argument - and 100% of the time it turns out that these kinds of customers are not honest with us about the nature of their problem. My guess is that you did not purchase this controller from Viking360 or you or a friend has already opened and tampered with the mod causing damage. These are the two most common scenarios we've discovered with out-of-warranty Legacy controllers.

Again, we'd be happy to take the controller in and quote you for the work. Even if you decide not to approve the repairs, we can mail the controller back to you, but you must pay the return shipping fees either way.

Zemnore

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU THIS. Paying 75 extra dollars with shipping is ridiculous after paying 220$ for a broken controller. Not completely broken. But broken. It's just the made in china effort you guys put in your product. I was just the lucky one to get this load of turd while everyone else enjoyed their overpriced crap. lucky me. There has to be a way to tell if someone tampered with it because i haven't touched the **** thing.

odingalt

Staff member
You paid $220 for a WORKING controller (purportedly) EIGHTEEN MONTHS AGO. The controller probably has cheetos and skin all over inside the controller clogging up the analog joysticks and analog trigger potentiometers for all we know.

How do we know you're not trying to pull a scam to a.) get a free replacement controller or b.) get free repairs for something you broke?

Tell you what dude:

#1.) give me your original order information to prove you are a Viking360 customer.
#2.) We will repair MODCHIP or MODCHIP WIRING problems ONLY. We are not touching wear n' tear items. Example: worn out buttons/worn out triggers/worn out thumbsticks. We will fix the MODCHIP or MODCHIP WIRING only. But only after #1 happens.
#3.) YOU PAY SHIPPING COSTS BOTH WAYS.

This is more than a fair deal, but I doubt that you are even a legit customer, you probably have way more than problems with our modchip, and you'll still complain about having to pay shipping on a controller you bought eighteen months ago (purportedly).

odingalt

Staff member
Geez that was like a year ago where have you been lol. Can you PM me the full name from your Viking360 order, if you bought from us I will give you the shop address and you can mail it in we will take a look at the wiring. I got all the order receipts back to when we opened shop in my system.

E

Fredrow

OMG...... You bought the controller back in June 2010..... Then reported problems with the controller back in November 2010.... And now you want it fixed for free!!!! hahaha... WOW..... That is one super long timeline!!!