New PS3 circuit board - the VX5...

odingalt

Staff member
New circuit board we expect will start appearing inside all controllers with SKU starting in 99***. We found these in some jungle green controllers the other day, but employees tossed the packaging before I could check SKU numbers. Jungle Green would be the only special case where maybe a non-99*** number ends up with a VX5 board. I expect all 99*** SKU's will be VX5's starting about September 20th but I will report back if we find out otherwise.

Our PS3 modchip works great in the VX5 boards without any changes to the hardware or the software.

image.jpgphoto.jpg

PS3andCOD

Contributor
That's good, hate to see a macro controller style problem so soon... Sony likes to change the boards, but mods seem to work the same with new instal points is all... Not sure why they bother. Is that battery different this time? Looks different. I also don't see the plastic battery holders in this picture... Maybe you just tossed tehm to the side though.

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
Sorry thought I posted about the battery pack but I forgot. They actually don't have the white battery pack brace/spacer in the VX5. If you look at the battery pack picture, you can see that they have molded clips and spacers directly into the battery pack itself! This actually frees up even MORE room for a mod chip :)))

The joysticks on these are very complicated, chances are if we did a macro it would be a four or six tac switch model that does triggers and buttons only, without "sensitivity". By that I mean the trigger can be on or off, not varying degrees of pull. It would be basically a ... simple macro controller.

Einar

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
Sorry thought I posted about the battery pack but I forgot. They actually don't have the white battery pack brace/spacer in the VX5. If you look at the battery pack picture, you can see that they have molded clips and spacers directly into the battery pack itself! This actually frees up even MORE room for a mod chip ))

The joysticks on these are very complicated, chances are if we did a macro it would be a four or six tac switch model that does triggers and buttons only, without "sensitivity". By that I mean the trigger can be on or off, not varying degrees of pull. It would be basically a ... simple macro controller.

Einar
Pretty much just an Odin's Raven with extra tactile switches?

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Obviously it would have the ability to make and play back macros, like the macro controller and unlike the Raven.