new thor's hammer unsyncing

squeals99

well i already made a ticket, but for some reason I don't think the problem is me holding down the sync button too long because i hit it as fast as i can, but what the problem is is that when i go to change the quick reload mod with the works driver when I hold A + hit sync button the controller starts to change the setting and every time it unsyncs the controller from the xbox.... it doesn't do it when i just change rapid fire settings or turn rapid fire on or off, but it literally happens every time i try to change the quick reload options.... i tried it with the all in one driver also just to see if it would do it even though it isn't a command to do anything that way and it still did it... i did a button test though and everything checked out ok except for the right trigger didn't flash any lights at all when i would hit it, and it says that it should go p3, p4, p3, p4 leds.... anyone have any idea what my problem could be? i am definitely not holding the sync button or anything, i am just quickly tapping A and the sync button at the same time and it starts to cycle to the next setting and about halfway through getting there it uncyncs....

i also tried new batteries and a freshly charged rechargeable pack, and still the same thing

Fredrow

squeals99 said:
well i already made a ticket, but for some reason I don't think the problem is me holding down the sync button too long because i hit it as fast as i can, but what the problem is is that when i go to change the quick reload mod with the works driver when I hold A + hit sync button the controller starts to change the setting and every time it unsyncs the controller from the xbox.... it doesn't do it when i just change rapid fire settings or turn rapid fire on or off, but it literally happens every time i try to change the quick reload options.... i tried it with the all in one driver also just to see if it would do it even though it isn't a command to do anything that way and it still did it... i did a button test though and everything checked out ok except for the right trigger didn't flash any lights at all when i would hit it, and it says that it should go p3, p4, p3, p4 leds.... anyone have any idea what my problem could be? i am definitely not holding the sync button or anything, i am just quickly tapping A and the sync button at the same time and it starts to cycle to the next setting and about halfway through getting there it uncyncs....

i also tried new batteries and a freshly charged rechargeable pack, and still the same thing

I got the fix for you! Do you know how to use our new Viking360 pre-set editor? Here is the link to download it.
http://www.viking360.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=952

What you need to do is create a new pre-set of whatever you want, but when you pick what buttons will control the LEFT side of the brain (aka player 3 LED) make sure it is either left trigger+SYNC or right-trigger+SYNC.....

For some reason pressing the SYNC button and A at the same time causes the controller to re-SYNC with the Xbox.

squeals99

so its like this on every controller? and not just mine?

also, i just tried the editor and it basically does the same thing, except it seems to make the controller freeze and unsync to where you cant change the modes after it resyncs... and i changed it to where right led is both triggers together to turn on and off and left trigger plus sync goes through modes, and then the right led is right trigger plus sync for on and off and just sync for cycle....

i almost wish now that i would have just bought the tyr's hand controller because its useless to have a controller with a fast reload when it makes it more of a pain in the ass and kicks it off the xbox when you go to turn it on.... this is really frustrating to spend that good of money on something that acts faulty...

Fredrow

squeals99 said:
so its like this on every controller? and not just mine?

also, i just tried the editor and it basically does the same thing, except it seems to make the controller freeze and unsync to where you cant change the modes after it resyncs... and i changed it to where right led is both triggers together to turn on and off and left trigger plus sync goes through modes, and then the right led is right trigger plus sync for on and off and just sync for cycle....

i almost wish now that i would have just bought the tyr's hand controller because its useless to have a controller with a fast reload when it makes it more of a pain in the ass and kicks it off the xbox when you go to turn it on.... this is really frustrating to spend that good of money on something that acts faulty...

Instead of me saying something right now about you doing something wrong here. I am just going to make a quick video proving you wrong, because with this little statement that you have made is very raw and self centered..... Sorry but just speaking the truth...... I'm not here to start a fight about it so don't try and blast me with a rude follow up post.... :mrgreen: :twisted:

squeals99

no not trying to be rude at all! sorry man

just frustrated now i guess... like i tried changing every different setup on the custom configure deal and they all failed.... ill get used to it though...
i just didn't expect to get this controller and it kinda malfunction i guess you would say out of the box... i dunno ill get used to it but i wasn't in a good mood when i wrote that anyway... my bad

theblur1

Often times my hammer unsyncs itself when im turning RF on/off. Usually only when i turn it on/off and then click other buttons/thumbsticks right after or too soon after. Not sure if this effects anything? Its not a probelm for me because my xbox is right beside me and i can just click the sync button on my xbox,

Fredrow

squeals99 said:
no not trying to be rude at all! sorry man

just frustrated now i guess... like i tried changing every different setup on the custom configure deal and they all failed.... ill get used to it though...
i just didn't expect to get this controller and it kinda malfunction i guess you would say out of the box... i dunno ill get used to it but i wasn't in a good mood when i wrote that anyway... my bad

Well here is that video I was going to make just to prove to you that it is possible to change modes/turn off&on your Thor's Hammer controller without having it SYNC back up with your Xbox360.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HevNPhNGJX8

Here is also a screen shot of the Pre-Set editor so you can see what I used as a pre-set too....... [attachment=0:15yf3cpp]Hammer_VID.png[/attachment:15yf3cpp]

Also there you go again, kind of being "RUDE" and saying things that just aren’t true..... "i just didn't expect to get this controller and it kinda malfunction,"
If it was a true malfunction then you would be sending back your controller to get it repaired because of a mistake during the installation process... Which it is not because I'm sure you already ran the button test code right? And ruled that out as being a problem, right??

This brings us all back to the number one point on why Viking360 controllers are the King of all Kings because you the users get free upgrades..... This is just that... We as in Viking360 needs to sit down and figure a new solution to the changing modes problem with our Hammer controllers, because pressing either A,B,X, or Y+SYNC seems to always make the controller want to re-Sync with the Xbox360. But for some reason when you press either right trigger+Sync, or Left Trigger+Sync, or Both Triggers+Sync the controller 9times out of 10 will not try and re-Sync with the Xbox360.....

So next time could you please maybe just ask questions and maybe do a little research and maybe some trial and error and some forum discussions before you go and say our controllers are useless and that the Tyr's Hand controller is better than the Thor’s Hammer, or that our product malfunction as soon as you took it out of the box. You have to remember that we are years ahead of the competition, and with any new product of its kind there are always going to be bugs that need to be fixed, but thanks to us at Viking360 you will not have to pay to get these bugs fixed. Look at Microsoft, when they dropped Vista it sucked balls, but then they fixed everything and charged the user to buy it aka Windows 7...... You see where I'm going with this? I hope so dude......

squeals99

not saying anything bad about anything viking360 or anyone on here... actually i love my controller and the free upgrades deal makes the controller a no brainer... just i thought sure that when i got my controller it had been messed up before it was shipped to me, which wouldn't be hard considering there are so many wires to be soldered in such small places (which i'm glad thats not my job to wire in or else every controller would be sent back lol).... not a biggie... but i thought sure it was just an internal controller error... and just like any person that just watched the tutorial videos of the controllers and didn't get on here and read anything (me specifically), from what i saw in the tutorials it seemed like there wasn't a problem with that and i never saw anything regarding the bug in the comments or anything... again, this is my fault for not researching more... and i just figured right off the bat of that happening that it was my specific controller being the only one doing this, and not a common issue (if you want to call it an issue)... and by the way i tried that exact setup in that video and it still did it, but its not really a problem because i guess i figured out a way to sync the controller without having to get up and sync the xbox every time... i had no idea that if you just hold the sync button long enough it syncs back up... but anyway... we definitely need to just drop this lol, it was my bad for posting up pissed off about this in the first place... no hard feelings man and sorry for being an ass... i just wanna play some cod!