New Viking Forge software!

bonefisher

Ok been messing with the new software.....only one thing missing so I know it is working the way I want..........the controller.... LOL! PS. send wright away! This will be really great doing this on the fly!

Last edited:

bonefisher

I should of never looked at this software til I had the controller in hand lol! Now I'm jonesin for the controller! It's like buying chlorine for the pool I'm building lol! I'm so ready to go swimming! LOL

odingalt

Staff member
We have to do a re-vamp on that RunePack editor for the forge, it'll look substantially the same, just need to change the hierarchy of Pages->Groups->Runes. I think you can see what we are going for though - more control over button assignments and the main addition is the ability to have groups of mods within each page. Basically you will be able to fully emulate a Ragnarok when you buy the Berserker, in fact my goal is to basically have the Ragnarok available as a RunePack for Berserker and ship that as the default RunePack. That way you have a nice example to start with when crafting your own packs.

odingalt

Staff member
By the way I'm having a really hard time calling it RunePack instead of Macro Set and Rune instead of Macro! Once customers got used to the terms they made sense but we decided to try changing the terminology hoping maybe new customers would have a better understanding, if you aren't a heavy Microsoft Excel spreadsheet user then you might not grasp the concept of a macro. We almost called them GamePacks but that seemed to generic.

bonefisher

We have to do a re-vamp on that RunePack editor for the forge, it'll look substantially the same, just need to change the hierarchy of Pages->Groups->Runes. I think you can see what we are going for though - more control over button assignments and the main addition is the ability to have groups of mods within each page. Basically you will be able to fully emulate a Ragnarok when you buy the Berserker, in fact my goal is to basically have the Ragnarok available as a RunePack for Berserker and ship that as the default RunePack. That way you have a nice example to start with when crafting your own packs.
We should be able to switch RF's from assault rifle to pistol with this setup? If I'm looking at this correctly?

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
We should be able to switch RF's from assault rifle to pistol with this setup? If I'm looking at this correctly?

Can you explain what you are trying to do in more detail and I will see if we can change the software?

bonefisher

If we could put say a 8.5 sps rapid fire on the RT and then have a page switch to a 10 sps RF for the secondary weapon with tapping a combo of say RT and Y to switch and say LT and Y to switch back to the primary weapon! That would be great if we could switch back in fourth! Then we could put 1 and 2 page setups for one class and then 3 and 4 page for a different class of primary and secondary weapons!

bonefisher

Even if you can make a double slot of the RT and activate switching in between the two by hitting Y! Just a thought!