No controller mod chip detected

ikeni

Hi guys,

Have no idea what I am doing wrong. followed instructions. downloaded beserker app. but whenever i plug it into a PC or Mac and boot it up holding down left and right bumper, even when purple lights display, just say no controller mod chip detected.

couldn't find any posts about this problem. would appreciate some advice as its pretty useless atm.

cheers

bonefisher

When you open app does it have your email up in the right hand corner? More or less sign in to your forge account to make sure your in.
First make sure your sync in with your Xbox one to your controller. If your a short distance away from your Xbox and computer then you don't need extra USB to plug in controller while programming. If your a room away or more you need too use both USB cord to sync it for programming.
Then open app plug in to underneath the controller USB. Then hold in this sequence left bumper, right bumper and then xbox button. Lights should start flashing purple and light on the app will turn from red to green when connected correctly. Then just click on box next to rune pack on the right side of it...should be green also if connected. Then at the bottom of the app it will show loading in a bar. Once done loading hit reboot and disconnect controller and your ready to play

Freyja

Staff member
Try putting the controller in programing mode before you plug it into your computer. It should work either way, but if you aren't having luck plugging it in and then turning it on it's worth a try.
Also, make sure that the USB's are properly plugged into your computer and the controller; there have been times I couldn't figure out why a controller wasn't connecting and it was because it simply wasn't fully plugged in.

odingalt

Staff member
When you hold the left and right bumpers down and power up the controller, one of the LED's normally will be purple, but when you plug in the USB, if it's talking to the PC or Mac successfully, then all four LED's will start flashing purple. Do the LED's start flashing purple when you plug the cable in?

On a side note. On Windows, on the first time you plug it in, it should show a driver installation happening. Windows will install a default driver (so no separate disk or download required) but it could take a couple minutes to complete. The App may not detect the modchip until the driver installation completes.

ikeni

wow.

I am extremely sorry for this post. I had no idea there was a separate usb plug on the underside of the controller and was plugging it into the charge plug.

Sorry for wasting your time guys for my noob out. I did think it was strange that the manual said usb plug under the controller. just figured it was worded wrong.

cheers for fast responses and help. no manual is idiot proof apparently haha