Non-stop repair update problem?

Apex NuGz

when i turn my computer back on.. and open Viking software, it'll tell me there's a update. so i download it, then go to the "gear" and usually (before) if there was not a update it would say you have latest version, but now it'll just re-download the "repair" of the software. (im saying repair because it the update opens it ask's remove or repair Viking Software)

Rob0tHD

If I was you, I'd uninstall the program off of your computer and do a fresh install. That should fix your problem :)

modded matt

go into your programs menu and uninstall viking completly. Go to microsoft website and update your computer, mainly the .net framework bits. then redownload and install the viking software.

Rob0tHD

Yea, update your .net framwork and then doing a fresh install of the software should solve your problem. Post back and let us know your results :)

odingalt

Staff member
Yeah try cleaning the old version out entirely and start afresh from v0.9.0.0 and see if it helps. We had to change the installershield and this may be causing the issues, Windows is sort of trying to install two versions of Viking on top of itself maybe? Or something? Not sure.