Noob Question

scarjss

I have just started to play around with my new remote. I watched the videos from past COD games, and it looks like the remote used to increase the fire rate of all weapons (auto weapons). Does it not work like that for Black OPS? I tried using the 8.9 sec fire rate with most auto weapons, and it seems to slow down the fire rate. Is rapid fire only good for semi auto weapons in Black OPS? If so, which is the best weapon to start with? THX!

odingalt

Staff member
scarjss said:
I have just started to play around with my new remote. I watched the videos from past COD games, and it looks like the remote used to increase the fire rate of all weapons (auto weapons). Does it not work like that for Black OPS? I tried using the 8.9 sec fire rate with most auto weapons, and it seems to slow down the fire rate. Is rapid fire only good for semi auto weapons in Black OPS? If so, which is the best weapon to start with? THX!

Your analysis is correct. There were just a lot more semi-auto guns that you could use rapidfire on before like way back in Call of Duty Modern Warfare (the original).

Also if you use the Jitter Mod you can also get three-round burst weapons and shotguns to shoot faster.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

odingalt said:
scarjss said:

Your analysis is correct. There were just a lot more semi-auto guns that you could use rapidfire on before like way back in Call of Duty Modern Warfare (the original).

Also if you use the Jitter Mod you can also get three-round burst weapons and shotguns to shoot faster.
what are you smoking.....

COD4 semi-autos
G3
M14

WaW semi-autos
SVT-40
gewher 43
M1A1 carbine

MW2 semi-autos
FAL

Black Ops semi-autos
FN FAL
M14
so actually CoD world at war had the most semi autos

odingalt

Staff member
Hmm I stand corrected. lol :mrgreen: I guess I just had more fun playing the original COD:MW

xxVIKINGxx

Is there anyway to have akimbo and rapid fire on the right trigger at the same time? I don't think I can but I was just wondering.

xxVIKINGxx

Hey thanks for the advice but i still cant get it to work.(Have akimbo on and then hit (y) to switch to my rifle and have it shoot rapid fire like on the legacy driver you can have akimbo and rapid fire on at the same time so you can switch right to your rifle and have it shoot rapid fire to. Or is there a akimbo mode macro in the library (couldnt find one, just for tac) so you just have to hold the right trigger for both guns to shoot. Thanks for your help I appreciate it.

odingalt

Staff member
There are two versions of the akimbo, one is designed to be assigned to the tac switch and one is designed to be assigned directly to the trigger. Be sure you're grabbing the right one.

Also somebody had asked me to try tuning in a custom one, I *think* this one is for assigning to the trigger but I can't remember now

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=2016&p=17777