odin's raven button test code

jozh69

i recently picked up playing xbox again an i want to use my mod but every time i do anything the controller presses more than one button at a time i would like to know if there is a way to reset it there probably is but i do not know how to do so. any help is appreciated

odingalt

Staff member
You should run the button test code to check for bad connections on the modchip.

Download the attachments. The Odin's Raven, WAAAY back in the day, was called the "Viking Duo". Here's a video that explains what you are looking for on the button test codes:

Attachments

• odins-raven-programming-instructions.pdf
    47.3 KB · Views: 1
  • all-in-one-driver-odins-raven.zip
    5.3 KB · Views: 0
  • test-code-odins-raven.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 1

odingalt

Staff member
Basically the gist is this:

If you are not pushing any buttons, but the Player 3 / Player 4 LED's are flashing a button code, you have a bad, shorted, or missing connection.

If you are pushing a button, but you are seeing two or more (multiple) codes flashing on the Player 3 / Player 4 LED, then you have a short-circuit between two buttons.

When you are running the button test code be sure to hold down the button to get a correct reading, you want to press just one button at a time and see a single LED code flash over and over again.