Old Viking Controller Question

Cassykins

So, I purchased a Odin's Raven controller back in July 2010 and today I decided to come to the site to see what was new. I find that there are new controllers (with more tac switches) and I was only wondering if I'd have to purchase a whole new controller or send mine in to get the new one because I paid about $210 when I purchased the controller back in July.

Thank you.

dudesikoff

The older models cannot be upgraded, its a completely different chip and they do not do a send in mod service. I recommend try selling your raven even if you cant get as much as you would like its better than nothing

JeremyC95

Cassykins said:
So, I purchased a Odin's Raven controller back in July 2010 and today I decided to come to the site to see what was new. I find that there are new controllers (with more tac switches) and I was only wondering if I'd have to purchase a whole new controller or send mine in to get the new one because I paid about $210 when I purchased the controller back in July.

Thank you.

you can get a discount if you had purchased a Raven from viking360

so it makes the new mod pretty cheap and totally worth it

odingalt

Staff member
Your Odin's Raven is still the best modded rapidfire controller on the market, right behind The Viking. Your Odin's Raven still trumps all of our competitor's mods. Plus we will have an update to the custom driver editor as soon as Black Ops is released. :D

We're sorry we don't have a direct send-in replacement program. It took about 90 minutes to install the old "purple mod chip" to make your Raven. This chip would need to be completely removed. Also, the tac switches on the backside of the Raven are installed in the wrong place, so we'd have to replace the back controller shell. Then we'd have to install the new mod chip. Also for send-in controllers we would not be able to offer any kind of warranty either since the controller is no longer brand new. It would actually end up costing you more to send in the controller than to buy a new one as we would charge shipping both ways, charge the cost to remove the old mod, charge to replace the back shell and then charge for the new modchip installation

This stuff is a lot of labor.

JeremyC95

odingalt said:
Your Odin's Raven is still the best modded rapidfire controller on the market, right behind The Viking. Your Odin's Raven still trumps all of our competitor's mods. Plus we will have an update to the custom driver editor as soon as Black Ops is released. :D

We're sorry we don't have a direct send-in replacement program. It took about 90 minutes to install the old "purple mod chip" to make your Raven. This chip would need to be completely removed. Also, the tac switches on the backside of the Raven are installed in the wrong place, so we'd have to replace the back controller shell. Then we'd have to install the new mod chip. Also for send-in controllers we would not be able to offer any kind of warranty either since the controller is no longer brand new. It would actually end up costing you more to send in the controller than to buy a new one as we would charge shipping both ways, charge the cost to remove the old mod, charge to replace the back shell and then charge for the new modchip installation

This stuff is a lot of labor.

that does sound expensive
sand like a lot of work that like $60 for just shipping

odingalt

Staff member
purplegod2 said:
How much is the discount or just the total price on a newer controller? If i have an older controller.

We e-mailed out a 20% discount code to forum members about 6 weeks ago. Unfortunatly that discount has since expired. Do you have a working e-mail address registered with these forums? We mass-mailed the coupon code out to everybody who was registered.

purplegod2

I am sure i have an e-mail registered but it has plenty of spam... enough to not want to check it anymore.
I guess i am SOL...

odingalt

Staff member
Damn you also just missed the November 15% off sale, where have you been :?: :mrgreen: