People Talk a lot....Need Proof?????

Fredrow

OK, I have been getting a lot of Emails, Phone calls, XBL messages, well you get the point.....

And they all say that people out there have RF controllers that are beating the new Patch in COD4.....

Well if anyone can get proof of this, please, please share it. Because we can't do anything with out some proof......

odingalt

Staff member
Ditto. I've been hearing about how people are getting over 11 SPS in COD5 for 3 months now, but I haven't see a shred of evidence. Ditto on COD4. I think the problem is a lot of mod shops are actually completely miscalculating their firing rate (or just blatantly lying to attract more customers). I just can't and won't lie to customers. End of story. I'm not going to put a big banner across the front of Viking360.com that says "Gets 100 SPS on COD5, ONLY rapidfire controller that can go this fast, all other controllers are disabled due to the latest patch", because it's not the truth.

But unfortunately, most other mod shops don't have morals. Most mod shops (Viking included) got from about 8 sps to 11 sps with a few tricks, and that's that. If something does legitimately show up that is faster than Viking, I'll be more than happy to dive into the code and copy it.

(One more thing I've been meaning to try is increasing the firing rate with double tap as one of the perks, this might actually yield *slightly* faster firing speeds)

odingalt

Staff member
Ok I've confirmed that there is a higher rate-of-fire cap in COD4 if you have Double Tap as a perk, vs. if you do not have Double Tap as a perk. Will be releasing new code tomorrow with two 'high' speeds - one for playing with double tap, one for playing without.

Will be trying this out on COD5 to see if there are some speed gains available there as well. Don't know why we didn't think of it sooner!! To obsessed with the 'little' details to see the big easy staring us in the face.

odingalt

Staff member
EviiL sKiiLz said:
so will you bring a new code out that will let you shoot like you did before the patch without having to use double tap

No. Nobody is doing this. Every video you see on the internet post 9/3/2009 patch is just some mod shop guy with an increased rate of fire running the double tap perk.

Fredrow

odingalt said:
Ok I've confirmed that there is a higher rate-of-fire cap in COD4 if you have Double Tap as a perk, vs. if you do not have Double Tap as a perk. Will be releasing new code tomorrow with two 'high' speeds - one for playing with double tap, one for playing without.

Will be trying this out on COD5 to see if there are some speed gains available there as well. Don't know why we didn't think of it sooner!! To obsessed with the 'little' details to see the big easy staring us in the face.

I was thinking today while I was in class listing to our teacher talking his ass off.......And I believe this will not work for COD5, because in COD5 your rate of fire gets caped. As in COD4 it doesn't. So if you were to put DT on you would get caped right away just because you have gone over there set fire rate. Just like if you were using an MP40 and had your rapid fire on you would get caped in COD5 just because you have exceeded their rate of fire......

odingalt

Staff member
Fredrow said:
odingalt said:

I was thinking today while I was in class listing to our teacher talking his ass off.......And I believe this will not work for COD5, because in COD5 your rate of fire gets caped. As in COD4 it doesn't. So if you were to put DT on you would get caped right away just because you have gone over there set fire rate. Just like if you were using an MP40 and had your rapid fire on you would get caped in COD5 just because you have exceeded their rate of fire......

Well, if the game makers knew what they were doing, the cap would be 'fixed' and double tap wouldn't make a difference. What we are hoping for is an unexpected bug in their game code. I had 'assumed' that every mod shop had tried everything, but perhaps nobody tested their rapidfire code with double tap turned on. Anybody want to work with me on a test? *grin* I still need to level up a few more to get double tap.

EviiL sKiiLz

i downloaded the cod4 preset with high rate of fire with and without double tap and it shoots slow compared to the video you posted.any ideas on what might be wrong???

odingalt

Staff member
EviiL sKiiLz said:
i downloaded the cod4 preset with high rate of fire with and without double tap and it shoots slow compared to the video you posted.any ideas on what might be wrong???

If you don't have doubletap perk on, use 'mode 2' of that COD4 preset.
If you DO have doubletap perk on, use 'mode 1'.

Which video are you referring to, I see about 5 videos for COD4?