play and charge

v freas 13

i got a play and charge kit today because the batteries i use dont work in my tyrs hand controller so will the play n charge work with it

PS3andCOD

Contributor
If you have the 3.5mm programer it will work perfectly. If not, the a and one other button I don't remember won't work but the rest of them will work.

odingalt

Staff member
On the tyr's hand the PnC cable has some limitations. The 3.5mm jack wasn't an option for Tyr's Hand:

http://viking360.com/which-programming- ... st-for-me/

Modify the existing PNC port option

USB Port Option
For this option, we modify the Play n’ Charge port, so the Play n’ Charge cable is used for programming the Viking. This, however, limits the charge capability of the Play n’ Charge cable. Meaning you would need to use your battery pack to play. Also, the charge LED on the PnC cable will no longer function and you would have to use the on-screen battery charge indicator to check charge status.

Why would I want this option?
If you prefer a more ’stock’ look to your controller, modifying the Play n’ Charge to be used for programming eliminates the need for an extra 3.5mm hole in the controller.

v freas 13

well i will charge up the battry pack on another controller and when its done i put the re chargeable pack on my tyrs hand and the rapid fire wont even turn on :cry:

IrishStyle

v freas 13 said:
well i will charge up the battry pack on another controller and when its done i put the re chargeable pack on my tyrs hand and the rapid fire wont even turn on :cry:

Do you have custom LED's on your controller?

Itz CHARLEY

I need help.
My PnC cable thingy came out of the plastic peice that connects it to the conroller. It still works but I am afraid of accedentally pulling on it and the wires disconnecting. I have tried taping it, but it is not keeping it together. Does anyone think gorrila glue would help? Ive had some good and bad experiences with Gorrila glue so i cant say that i would prefer to use it if there is another option.

Paul

Itz CHARLEY said:
I need help.
My PnC cable thingy came out of the plastic peice that connects it to the conroller. It still works but I am afraid of accedentally pulling on it and the wires disconnecting. I have tried taping it, but it is not keeping it together. Does anyone think gorrila glue would help? Ive had some good and bad experiences with Gorrila glue so i cant say that i would prefer to use it if there is another option.

What tape are you using? Also if you're careful (by careful I mean really careful) you could try super gluing the parts back together (it happened on one of mine) I put a few layers of electrical tape around it and its worked fine for me.

odingalt

Staff member
v freas 13 said:

This happens with all batteries or just happening with PNC packs???

Itz CHARLEY

Ah yes I tried electic tape. good for 1 week and then has to be replaced. i bet I can put gorilla glue where the wire meets the plastic peice. i just hope it doesn't crack the shell because gorilla glue expands to almost three times its volume when it dries.

modded matt

Itz CHARLEY said:
Ah yes I tried electic tape. good for 1 week and then has to be replaced. i bet I can put gorilla glue where the wire meets the plastic peice. i just hope it doesn't crack the shell because gorilla glue expands to almost three times its volume when it dries.

you guys do realize you have destroyed this customers thread. there are now two conversations ongoing in the same thread???

on topic:
what do you mean the batteries you use dont work in tyr's hand. tyrs hand is only avail using the play and charge programing option. which means you must use AA batteries. the play and charge packs dont have bottom contactsthey transfer power through the 4 center opins of the pack. let me know if it is only hapening with normal batteries, or how it works with the charge pack.

so we can better help you, please answer:
AA bateries wont work in tyr's hand?
you bought a new play and charge kit?
did you plug it into the xbox, and the controller?
will the controller turn on?
what lights light when the controller powers up?

v freas 13

no just the play and charge wont work cause i will charge it on a diffrent controller then use it on my modded controller and the mod wont even turn on

IrishStyle

v freas 13 said:
no just the play and charge wont work cause i will charge it on a diffrent controller then use it on my modded controller and the mod wont even turn on

Is this a Microsoft Pack? Or is this an aftermarket like MadCatz for example?