POST BUG REPORTS WITH THE LEGACY HEX EDITOR HERE

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Ok so E wants me to compile a list of errors within the editor and sift through it and find actual problems and send them to him.. So if you have a problem with a .HEX or just a problem with the editor post them here.... If you have a problem with a hex you made upload the hex here and I will test it. Thanks for all the support.

Viking 360 Staff

===Note from Odingalt added below===

Thanks M1A1. Folks my intent is to give the Hex Editor for the legacy hardware another big overhaul - clean up those bugs from the last release and try to kick in some features. It's LONG LONG overdue.

apcoop7

Re: POST ALL PROBLEMS WITH THE HEX EDITOR HERE

Just a couple minor problems for my Thor's Hammer

1) For any HEX file I created and have programmed my controller with, it just seems the controller will become unsynced a lot easier. When I have the works driver, this problem rarely occurs. So it's either coincidence or this might be one problem with the editor.

2) If I'm using Jitter x,y,y fast mode with an m16 or famas, it will not shoot consistent. It will shoot the 3 round bursts then sometimes it will look like it's shooting only 2 bullets. I'm not sure if that's how it's supposed to be or if its fixable, I'm just doing my part here :D

Xx Binno xX

Lol @ coop.

1) with my raven it seems that when i hold the tac switch down to change modes and then click to turn it on it changes modes again.
2) Some times i have to double click the tac switch to turn it off and on again. ex 2 clicks off 2 clicks on.

Thats about all i noticed also maybe we should put some more modes on there lol.

Awfulz

With my raven:

1) After having both modes on, I have to wait at least 2 seconds to turn them both off (IE - I turn dropshot off, then I have to wait 2-3 seconds before me clicking my right tac kicks in and turns rapid fire off). Some may think this isn't a big problem, but it is when you're trying to use a care package with jitter.
2) When using the hex editor, and I'm programming my modes, when I want to go reset that mode, It stays in the list even after pressing X to the right of it, my first mode has a list of at least 20 modes, duplicating.
3) Sometimes, after changing modes, the mod will turn off (IE - I have it on, then hold the right tac to switch modes, it will blink (X) times, and the light will turn off.. indicating the mod is off).
4) This is just a recommendation - I'd like to see the Enable Word Processing in the Hex Editor (as a check box), instead of using the old driver installer.
5) Another recommendation - It would be nice to have the custom jitter speeds for more experienced people.

That's all I can think of.. I like the hex editor, it's easy to use.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Awfulz said:
With my raven:

1) After having both modes on, I have to wait at least 2 seconds to turn them both off (IE - I turn dropshot off, then I have to wait 2-3 seconds before me clicking my right tac kicks in and turns rapid fire off). Some may think this isn't a big problem, but it is when you're trying to use a care package with jitter.
2) When using the hex editor, and I'm programming my modes, when I want to go reset that mode, It stays in the list even after pressing X to the right of it, my first mode has a list of at least 20 modes, duplicating.
3) Sometimes, after changing modes, the mod will turn off (IE - I have it on, then hold the right tac to switch modes, it will blink (X) times, and the light will turn off.. indicating the mod is off).
4) This is just a recommendation - I'd like to see the Enable Word Processing in the Hex Editor (as a check box), instead of using the old driver installer.
5) Another recommendation - It would be nice to have the custom jitter speeds for more experienced people.

That's all I can think of.. I like the hex editor, it's easy to use.
ok that problem with jitter isn't a problem that's just how it works. another post about less responsive raven.

Fredrow

I want the HEX editor to include the bumpers, XBY and the left Stick button into the software. Because I would like to have the controller to beable to program those butttons with a certain freq....

modded matt

yes!!!!! that I agree with fred, need to be able to program each button with RF at a cutom rate. (all buttons that are capable of being I/o) and the bumpers. I will then steal a bumper pin (never used in any code) and wire it to my A button. for a rapid A button. and the smackdown code is crap. (push this hold that stand on your head and press this to make it work is not practical) click one tac turn on face button RF.click again to cycle to next face button something along this nature.

Fredrow

modded matt said:
yes!!!!! that I agree with fred, need to be able to program each button with RF at a cutom rate. (all buttons that are capable of being I/o) and the bumpers. I will then steal a bumper pin (never used in any code) and wire it to my A button. for a rapid A button. and the smackdown code is crap. (push this hold that stand on your head and press this to make it work is not practical) click one tac turn on face button RF.click again to cycle to next face button something along this nature.

I'm so glad to know that you see it the same way as I do!!! hahaha...... Because I want rapid fire for the X button so I can use it on "Super Contra".........

modded matt

haha you just dont know how close you are...I play the origional contra

Fredrow

[color=#FFFFFF said:
modded matt[/color]]haha you just dont know how close you are...I play the origional contra

I did some hardware changes a while back so I could have rapid fire on the (X) button, all it took was 2 different resistors, one was in series with with the (X) button and the (i) connection on the Viking chip and then; I would have to look through my notes, had to put another resistor in parallel going to I think one of the 1.5V source's on the chip. Like I said I would have to go through and check my notes out to see what I did for sure. But off of my memory right now that is what I think I did.....

mlongo3

i was wondering if possible to switch modes with the d-pad?
if this could work then this would be alot easier for me..(thors hammer)

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

mlongo3 said:
i was wondering if possible to switch modes with the d-pad?
if this could work then this would be alot easier for me..(thors hammer)
this isnt a problem. and it has nothing to do with the hex editor....but its probably just using different traces than the sync.....let me guess you like how the EVIL CONTROLLERS switch modes.

mlongo3

i didnt know evil controllers switched modes like that..n it kinda would fix the unsyncing problems that the thors hammer have..the problem involves switching modes through the sync button but if you use the right analog stick it switches perfectly,so if this could actually work if could help alot of things

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

PS3andCOD said:
The viking isn't hooked up to the D-pad.
Yea but if your as electronicly inclined as fredrow or matt you could hook it up....I don't even think it would be that hard...just need to do some research.

Krier023

Useful Poster

Actually i think when i buy a viking chip this is how i will wire it. does anyone have a diagram to the traces on the dpad and where i would have to solder for lets say down on the dpad as sync?

modded matt

its not that easy, it would need a transistor atleast, your better off adding a nc switch and conecting it to v+...

BACK ON TOPIC