Price

Tripshot15

The new price for the macro controller is an improvement to the prior price. However I still don't get how they can cost $170. I can buy a macro mouse (logitech g500) for $60, it has basically all the same features that work with the computer as the viking can do on xbox, but it is over $100 cheaper. I understand that Viking is a small company and they have to buy controller then remodel them with their parts, but this is ridiculous. How can Viking's technology be so much more expensive. I support viking360 and I think they have the best modded controller on the market, but at this point, I see it as a rip off. I'm not trying to hate, but I just don't see the new price being even as low as it should be.

NYjetsNY1

A rip off? Seriously? $159 is a rip off for a controller that do it all and you don't have to ever buy a second?

The chip, warranty, controller, and everything else.

The fact is: it is expensive to make, thus has to be expensive.

But look at evil: their master mod is
Normally $349.99 SALE $199.99

Here are the features:
rapid fire
auto burst
fast reload
active reload
rapid b
adjustable rapid fire
dual rapid fire

The macro controller can do a ton more, has updates for life, and can do more for cheaper. What more could you ask for?

odingalt

Staff member
Tripshot15 said:
The new price for the macro controller is an improvement to the prior price. However I still don't get how they can cost $170. I can buy a macro mouse (logitech g500) for $60, it has basically all the same features that work with the computer as the viking can do on xbox, but it is over $100 cheaper. I understand that Viking is a small company and they have to buy controller then remodel them with their parts, but this is ridiculous. How can Viking's technology be so much more expensive. I support viking360 and I think they have the best modded controller on the market, but at this point, I see it as a rip off. I'm not trying to hate, but I just don't see the new price being even as low as it should be.

Why don't you go ahead and use google.com to find a wireless XBOX 360 macro controller for cheaper? When you do, feel free to come back here and post what you've found. And good luck.

Crimson

dude, i would gladly pay 300+ bucks for the viking knowing all the genius work that went into developing it and knowing how amazingly it lets you create your "OWN" mods.. evil controllers are a joke...side note: how the hell did this post from yesterday get 13000+ views? :shock:

NYjetsNY1

Crimson said:
dude, i would gladly pay 300+ bucks for the viking knowing all the genius work that went into developing it and knowing how amazingly it lets you create your "OWN" mods.. evil controllers are a joke...side note: how the hell did this post from yesterday get 13000+ views? :shock:

Holy...

It must of have been in a post on google... time to advertise! lol

Ben

Viking360 can quite easily justify the price of their controllers, they have spent $$$$'s on the development of the chip and especially the software..

... and the view count might just be a glitch in the forums?

HippieMagic

You pay for more than the controller you know... Logitech is a large company and produce their stuff in bulk meaning that $60 was more expensive to create BUT the volume made it cheaper to mass produce and market... not to mention its most likely outsourced labor.

The Viking controller is going to be anywhere from $40-60 base... I have no idea how much the chip costs but lets pretend it's $40 since you aren't paying the MATERIAL cost you are paying the WORK cost... R&D+Production+Shipping+... so lets pretend for a minute the controller costs $100 in materials. On top of that you have the people who are putting the time into modding it, checking the quality of it, making sure it even works... It's a small shop so you are paying for the materials, the labor, odin's rent and utilities... this is his business and he has got to break even at the very least.

On top of all of this you AREN'T getting charged for the software, the macros, the software updates, the firmware updates... Other companies are CHARGING you for this IF you can even do it. In the end you may pay 2x more than a cheap rapid fire controller BUT you don't have to worry about it ever failing due to new games or updates and it works with literally any game you want it to work with so long as you take the time to make your macros.

I paid $289 total for mine price + shipping. I don't mind it a bit. I would pay it again in a heartbeat.

odingalt

Staff member
HippieMagic said:
You pay for more than the controller you know... Logitech is a large company and produce their stuff in bulk meaning that $60 was more expensive to create BUT the volume made it cheaper to mass produce and market... not to mention its most likely outsourced labor.

The Viking controller is going to be anywhere from $40-60 base... I have no idea how much the chip costs but lets pretend it's $40 since you aren't paying the MATERIAL cost you are paying the WORK cost... R&D+Production+Shipping+... so lets pretend for a minute the controller costs $100 in materials. On top of that you have the people who are putting the time into modding it, checking the quality of it, making sure it even works... It's a small shop so you are paying for the materials, the labor, odin's rent and utilities... this is his business and he has got to break even at the very least.

On top of all of this you AREN'T getting charged for the software, the macros, the software updates, the firmware updates... Other companies are CHARGING you for this IF you can even do it. In the end you may pay 2x more than a cheap rapid fire controller BUT you don't have to worry about it ever failing due to new games or updates and it works with literally any game you want it to work with so long as you take the time to make your macros.

I paid $289 total for mine price + shipping. I don't mind it a bit. I would pay it again in a heartbeat.

Amen brother. You pretty much hit the nail on the head. We are not making a lot of profit margin on these when they are priced at $169. I needed to generate some cash for the upcoming PS3 modchip I am working on, so we started the sale. If/when we get rolling on a PS3 mod it's very likely the xbox 360 macro controller prices will go back up at that time. (Though that will be a couple months away).

Mista DUBstep

I understand where you are comming from in the sce that the controller is expensive, but why do't you stop for 1 seon and think of all the possibilities and potential this controller has. The price really had nothing to do with my purchase. What i was looking at was Quality+Compatibility+Programibility....so if you REALLY had a think about it the Viking 36 Macro controller is a HUGE BARGAIN.

@ Odingalf.
In The near Future I am going to Donate $500 to Viking 360 for all their efforts in making the best possible controller
at an affordable price.
I love your work, please keep it up.