Pro remap mod chip ps4

Paddee87

Hi there.

I have purchased one of your pro remap mod chip rev c fro. Your European distributor yuze electronics. It hasn't arrived yet but I was familiarisng myself with the instalation. On the diagram for the jdm 001 it only shows 3 solder points missing s2, just wanted to k ow if the s2 solder point is the same as the s2 solder point on the jdm 020. Any help would very much appreciated.

Freyja

Staff member
You are the second person who has asked about connection S2 and I have no idea what or where this connection is. Just because there is a solder pad area on the modchip does not necessarily mean that there is a corresponding point on the board that it needs to be connected to with wire.
For the Rev C PS4 kits with the Rev C LED board (you should be getting this, we have only been selling REV C LED's with these kits for over 6 months) the only connections on the modchip that go to the PS4 board are RS, LS, G, and V. The ribbon cable connects the modchip with the LED.

Except for the JDM-030, all of the PS4 circuit board revisions have 4 solder points that are connected to the modchip.

Paddee87

This is what I've read it says four but there seems to only be three points shown in this diagram

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-20-18-25-25.png
    Screenshot_2015-11-20-18-25-25.png
    1,007.8 KB · Views: 12

Paddee87

Theb on the diagram for the jdm 020 it shows the s2 connection

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-20-18-25-35.png
    Screenshot_2015-11-20-18-25-35.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 10

Freyja

Staff member
Thanks for the photos; I've figured out that the installation manual we have at the shop is missing the remap section since we do not do customer orders for PS4 remap controllers.
I will ask the owner where the S2 (PS4 options button) for JDM 001 is. The remap chip came out well after 001 was no longer being produced, so it is possible that it is not compatible.

odingalt

Staff member
FYI, the S2 connection on JDM-001 is exact asme as S2 connection on JDM-020. So you can just use the JDM-020 picture when making the S2 connection on JDM-001.

Alternately, below is a new picture if you'd like to use it instead. Use the "share" solder connection if you want the mod switch to be the "Share" button. Use the "options" solder connection if you want the mod switch to be the "Options" button.
upload_2015-11-25_20-59-5.png

Even more alternately, you can use a standard tac switch if you'd like. But that would require drill and glue.