Problem with my Thors Hammer

Yakoel

i can't use the controller unless it is plugged in, i charged it all night, and the battery is full when i put it in another controller, so i can't change the mods without changing the button set, but i can't update it either. any ideas on what might be wrong with it?

40_ounce

How long have you had the batteries for? I had some that would disscharge in few seconds. Grab a brand new pair of batteries out of a package then try again. If that doesn't work make sure you are using the latest drivers and hid boatloader. Also try setting your controller in programmer mode take the battery pack out hold sync and the guide button simultaneously now put the battery pack in. Let us know how if any of those suggestions help.

Yakoel

i've been using the rechargable pack that was sent with the controller. and i put it into a regular controller and its fully charged, so it can't be that the battery is dead. and i can't even get the controller to flash unless its plugged in so i can't put it into the programming mode

Yakoel

i have to press the battery pack into the controller as hard as i can just to get it to turn on for 5 seconds, then it turns off once i release the pressure.

Fredrow

Yakoel said:
i have to press the battery pack into the controller as hard as i can just to get it to turn on for 5 seconds, then it turns off once i release the pressure.

Sounds to me like the battery terminals are not making contact with the batteries when after they are inserted into the controller!

Yakoel

not that great with the controllers components, so im guessing the battery terminals are the springs? or is it the 4 copper slits on the side of the rechargable battery pack? and can i fix that to where i can use it normally again?

Edit: never mind, i lightly rubbed the copper strips on the controller and put the battery back in, and its working fine, thank for the help though u guys, and the battery terminal thing made me think of it, thanks so much everyone that helped