PS3 Controller

johnb

Hello,

First time poster here, but I am interested in you PS3 controller. Has there been any updates or timelines for its availability? I have been keeping an eye on the forums, but have not seen much activity. I am wanting to try out a modded controller and have heard nothing but great things about your product. Thank you for your time and any updates.

Xx Binno xX

Hello,

First time poster here, but I am interested in you PS3 controller. Has there been any updates or timelines for its availability? I have been keeping an eye on the forums, but have not seen much activity. I am wanting to try out a modded controller and have heard nothing but great things about your product. Thank you for your time and any updates.
The ps3 mod is still work in progress they have a few controllers for ps3 but they are beta testing them to get them to work good. They won't have macro capabilities but they will have rapid fire and other goodies attached. My guess is they will be like the old legacy controllers. If you want to see a legacy controller in action check out my youtube page and watch some video's of the rapid fire and in some of the video's i show you want the viking 360 legacy controller looks like.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I beleive Odingalt mentioned he was hoping to have it up on the site in 4-6 weeks... It's simular to the legacy in features, but I would say it's more user friendly. Trust me, it's better than any other PS3 mod out there. I have only seen one that even comes close, with something like half the fetures and less user-friendlyness.

odingalt

Staff member
We've got the non-USB version of the PS3 controller tested and ready to rock. I'm still trying to finish the new website. Also, our employees are going to finish up building the last of the macro controllers and then "re-tool" the shop around the new PS3 controller. I might start building some PS3 controllers before the employees are ready to get things going. Hoping to start selling the new PS3 controller in August! With a USB version to follow in September or October.

Also I need to stock up on accessories and see what we can do about getting all the special accessories we can find for PS3 controllers so customers can have lots of customizing options. Also, I am working on RGB light-up LED thumbsticks. That is, you will be able to choose from 200 colors displayed through clear joysticks on your PS3 controller.

(The non-USB version of the PS3 controller is like a Viking Thor's Hammer modded controller on steroids - many of you will probably decide that you don't even need the USB-enabled version). But just in case you are a big fan of our USB-enabled mods, we will be offering a USB version of the PS3 controller, with customization software. It also appears we will be able to offer button re-mapping between these buttons: R1, R2, L1, L2, square, circle, ex, triangle, all four d-pads.

Check out this video to see some of the early edition PS3 chips being hand-assembled. We are looking pretty hard at upgrading to a robotic placement machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzTA83WSNoo

jojoenglish85

Any pricing projections for the first set being released in August? What will be the difference in price for the usb model also?

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I know his goal was to keep it cheaper than the macro controller. I would expect the base model to be the same or less than the black macro controller, but I'm not staff and can't promise anything.

NYjetsNY1

I know his goal was to keep it cheaper than the macro controller. I would expect the base model to be the same or less than the black macro controller, but I'm not staff and can't promise anything.

Evil had a $350 master mod. It did some things, but compared to our macro controller, hardly anything at all! Then, people complained WE were too expensive when our macro controller was $199.
We're listening and trying to cut prices on newer controllers.

From what I am told, the PS3 controller will be cheaper than the black macro. This is not a guarantee, but expect it to be - the stock PS3 controller before upgrades / customizations will be cheaper than the macro controller, hopefully by a lot!

Our goal (for PS3):

#1 Be the best modded controller on the market for PS3
#2 Keep prices down, not only be the best but stay competitive with pricing!

Last edited by a moderator:

odingalt

Staff member
Any pricing projections for the first set being released in August? What will be the difference in price for the usb model also?

WAY less than the black macro controller. Like we're talking half the price of the macro controllers. I would really like to try to release the non-USB PS3 rapidfire controller in the low $100's. I'm assuming we would hold that price on the non-USB version, and the USB version would be like an add-on/upgrade to the base price, along with lots of other options. The non-USB version of the Viking PS3 modded controller has the most features that have ever been released for a "plain rapidfire" controller.

EXCLUSIVE TO VIKING PS3 MODCHIPS:
*Supports ALL NINE button layouts for Call of Duty. Do you play Nom4d, Tactical, etc? This mod remaps the rapidfire and other feature to suite YOUR button layout.
*Introduces Phantom Buttons. While you hold the tac switch, the game doesn't "see" when you press L1, L2, R1, R2, square, circle, triangle, ex, or any d-pad direction. Only the modchip "sees" the press.
*ANY combination of non-rapidfire features can be enabled together. You can have fast reload, dropshot and quick scope all turned on at the same time.

RAPIDFIRE FEATURES (only one may be turned on at-a-time):
Rapidfire (speed fully programmable)
Dual-trigger rapidfire (speed fully programmable)
Jitter - it also has jitter that turns off automatically when you scope. Includes x,y,y and y,y jitter method options.
Akimbo - it also has akimbo that turns off automatically when you scope (speed fully programmable)
Burst firing - 2, 3, 4 and 5-round bursts (speed fully programmable)

NON-RAPIDFIRE FEATURES:
Fast reload (fully programmable)
Drop shot (can be enabled in combination with any rapidfire feature above)
Sniper hold breath (sniper automatically holds breath when you scope)
Quick scope - tap your ADS/scope button to fire off a quick shot with any sniper rifle (best in COD:MW2)

That's all I can remember for now. I tried to make a video demonstrating the mod 'quickly', and it was 20 minutes long. This modchip is literally jam-packed with features.

In addition to selling the most technically capable PS3 rapidfire controller on the market, we're going to do our best to bring more customizing options. We know that customers like to customize their controllers. We made the new modchip install super-easy for our techs, so they can focus more time on customizing your controller with "bling".

WHY EVEN ADD USB IF IT HAS SO MANY FEATURES?
Adding USB will basically replace the complicated button sequence you have to use to set up rapidfire and fast reload and replace it with easy-to-use software for your computer. Also, when we add the USB, we are looking seriously at adding a button-remapping feature that would allow you to re-map L1, L2, R1, R2, the entire d-pad, circle, square, ex and triangle any way you like. In order to do these things, it really helps to be able to plug the controller into the computer and see all this stuff graphically. Otherwise, the button remapping gets complicated.

Xx Binno xX

WAY less than the black macro controller. Like we're talking half the price of the macro controllers. I would really like to try to release the non-USB PS3 rapidfire controller in the low $100's. I'm assuming we would hold that price on the non-USB version, and the USB version would be like an add-on/upgrade to the base price, along with lots of other options. The non-USB version of the Viking PS3 modded controller has the most features that have ever been released for a "plain rapidfire" controller.

EXCLUSIVE TO VIKING PS3 MODCHIPS:
*Supports ALL NINE button layouts for Call of Duty. Do you play Nom4d, Tactical, etc? This mod remaps the rapidfire and other feature to suite YOUR button layout.
*Introduces Phantom Buttons. While you hold the tac switch, the game doesn't "see" when you press L1, L2, R1, R2, square, circle, triangle, ex, or any d-pad direction. Only the modchip "sees" the press.
*ANY combination of non-rapidfire features can be enabled together. You can have fast reload, dropshot and quick scope all turned on at the same time.

RAPIDFIRE FEATURES (only one may be turned on at-a-time):
Rapidfire (speed fully programmable)
Dual-trigger rapidfire (speed fully programmable)
Jitter - it also has jitter that turns off automatically when you scope. Includes x,y,y and y,y jitter method options.
Akimbo - it also has akimbo that turns off automatically when you scope (speed fully programmable)
Burst firing - 2, 3, 4 and 5-round bursts (speed fully programmable)

NON-RAPIDFIRE FEATURES:
Fast reload (fully programmable)
Drop shot (can be enabled in combination with any rapidfire feature above)
Sniper hold breath (sniper automatically holds breath when you scope)
Quick scope - tap your ADS/scope button to fire off a quick shot with any sniper rifle (best in COD:MW2)

That's all I can remember for now. I tried to make a video demonstrating the mod 'quickly', and it was 20 minutes long. This modchip is literally jam-packed with features.

In addition to selling the most technically capable PS3 rapidfire controller on the market, we're going to do our best to bring more customizing options. We know that customers like to customize their controllers. We made the new modchip install super-easy for our techs, so they can focus more time on customizing your controller with "bling".

WHY EVEN ADD USB IF IT HAS SO MANY FEATURES?
Adding USB will basically replace the complicated button sequence you have to use to set up rapidfire and fast reload and replace it with easy-to-use software for your computer. Also, when we add the USB, we are looking seriously at adding a button-remapping feature that would allow you to re-map L1, L2, R1, R2, the entire d-pad, circle, square, ex and triangle any way you like. In order to do these things, it really helps to be able to plug the controller into the computer and see all this stuff graphically. Otherwise, the button remapping gets complicated.
It sound amazing. You probably already know this but, when the controller is released and people start buying them, make sure they leave feed back on how they like the controller what you should changed and if you should even add a USB feature. Like you said "Why even add USB if it has so many features" so before you waist the money making and testing the USB on the controller read the feedback people give and see if it even worth the time.

Just my two sense :)

DrasticChiorDie1

Banned Users Group
Jitter - it also has jitter that turns off automatically when you scope. Includes x,y,y and y,y jitter method options..

Will that feature be added to the Viking Macro Controller Software Eventually, i herd that u went over the budget of the Macro Software, but eventually.. will you add more features.?

NYjetsNY1

Will that feature be added to the Viking Macro Controller Software Eventually, i herd that u went over the budget of the Macro Software, but eventually.. will you add more features.?

I can't tell you for sure on this for macro. It is possible, but again the software is very expensive to add new features with. Right now we are just looking to fix bugs on the software. But on our next 360 controller, I believe this feature will be added. Don't know 100%.

DrasticChiorDie1

Banned Users Group
I can't tell you for sure on this for macro. It is possible, but again the software is very expensive to add new features with. Right now we are just looking to fix bugs on the software. But on our next 360 controller, I believe this feature will be added. Don't know 100%.
(i know your not 100% sure) why would it be added on the "less expensive" new. upcoming controller, rather than be on the Elite Macro Controller... well hopefully its added.. because i know people who'd like this feature and i think i'd like to try it lol.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
It's on the PS3 controller because a) the phantom button feature lends it's self well to that feature and b) Odingalt wrote the code himself, so he didn't have to pay for software developers (Correct?). In my experience with the mod thus far, I can see why people would like USB. It would vastly simplify setting the speeds, and then you wouldn't have to have 10 unused speeds on the controller to cycle through, just as many as you use. I also can't see remapping without the USB either, the non-USB model that I have does not do remapping.

DrasticChiorDie1

Banned Users Group
It's on the PS3 controller because a) the phantom button feature lends it's self well to that feature and b) Odingalt wrote the code himself, so he didn't have to pay for software developers (Correct?). In my experience with the mod thus far, I can see why people would like USB. It would vastly simplify setting the speeds, and then you wouldn't have to have 10 unused speeds on the controller to cycle through, just as many as you use. I also can't see remapping without the USB either, the non-USB model that I have does not do remapping.
? okay... USB iz on the Macro Controller.. ? its just illogical because you'd want to have every possible great thing on the most expensive Viking rather than putting some features on the less expensive one... you see what im getting at?